Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CREEPSIDIEBY

10-01-2012

Here is the thing that I don't like about Honor. It is a great idea but it has no real impact other than to give someone who is already a nice or respectful player a pat on the back. I think if Riot really wants to make an impact on sportsmanship and good manners in League of Legends they need to make being honored as well as being reported actually worth something to players. I assume that being reported too often can get you suspended from playing league of legends. However I do not know how much of an impact being suspended has on a player. What I do know is that I have run across a lot of players who exhibited report-able behavior and in most cases I have reported them. Despite my use of Riot's player behavior system I never really feel like my reporting actually has any impact on players who exhibit bad (at least in my opinion) behavior. Therefore I propose that we make being reported for bad behavior as well as being honored for good behavior worth influence points. That way players actually have an incentive to play with good manners.

Boner Justice

10-01-2012

Hahaha Riot has come to terms on having one of the worst online communities, and releases this. Ah oh well at least they realized it now.

Augratafier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by I*******I View Post
i completely agree.... this system doesnt mean anything if good players keep playing with bad players..
The problem I see with this is that people who continue to be neutral, saying neither positive nor negative things, will get matched with toxic players, which is very unfair to them. I imagine that Honor has a bottom limit of 0, so it's not like there is a negative Honor range to separate the toxic from the neutrals.

MathMage

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREEPSIDIEBY View Post
Here is the thing that I don't like about Honor. It is a great idea but it has no real impact other than to give someone who is already a nice or respectful player a pat on the back. I think if Riot really wants to make an impact on sportsmanship and good manners in League of Legends they need to make being honored as well as being reported actually worth something to players. I assume that being reported too often can get you suspended from playing league of legends. However I do not know how much of an impact being suspended has on a player. What I do know is that I have run across a lot of players who exhibited report-able behavior and in most cases I have reported them. Despite my use of Riot's player behavior system I never really feel like my reporting actually has any impact on players who exhibit bad (at least in my opinion) behavior. Therefore I propose that we make being reported for bad behavior as well as being honored for good behavior worth influence points. That way players actually have an incentive to play with good manners.
If you want to feel that your actions are having an immediate impact on trolls, I suggest judging some Tribunal cases.

Ko Hakoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

I like to know people appreciated playing with me, makes me feel pretty good. +1

(it will be even more meaningful when the "ohhh shiny new button" feel wears off)

ThuggleS

Senior Recruiter

10-01-2012

With all this back and forth about why Riot didn't launch the program with rewards/incentives, I thought I would put in my two cents:

I think it prudent to first see how the system is used and abused, and the community of players it ends up targeting/ranking. Once it is clear exactly how the system is working and being used by the playerbase Riot can implement a reward system.

UnreáL

10-01-2012

You should put next to you're Honor stats how much you Honor others, to show how kind you are to other people.

Legend of Dr3w

10-01-2012

I'm curious if the Honor system will in any way connect to the Tribunal. You've already mentioned that it has measures in place to catch Honor boosting...so it seems reasonable that it might be useful as a factor in Tribunal cases.

Also, as to the "no-incentives" view...I say patience. See also: Gamerscore

Kadmas

10-01-2012

getting an honor makes me feel cool. idk if you guys feel like that but its pretty neat

Cläptrap

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Where did I say we were trying to permanently change people?
your whole argument and reason for this system is because you want to change people who play your game lol