Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Compete with Honor!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChrisCTX

10-01-2012

"Only fools pledge life to honor." - Talon

MTaur

10-01-2012

Quote:
Ghan04:
I think it might be dangerous to incorporate Honor into the matchmaking system. You could potentially end up having worse games as a result since the match would be based less on skill. That could mean less positive games in the long run, which would obviously be completely opposite of what Team Player Behavior is trying to do here.

Having three ragers on my team who are closer matches for my skill level does not make for a better game at all. I'd much rather either wait another 30 seconds for a match or have slightly more variation in skill if it means I'll know that I won't have to deal with ragers all game or ignore half my team half the time.

With enough server population, it should be possible to match based on two variables in a reasonable amount of time.

What would I rather have, a badge in my profile? Or drama-free queues every game? There really couldn't be a better reward.

Sisuwolf

Recruiter

10-01-2012

Quote:
Sarkhon:
So, you introduce a system to honor teammates for good behavior with no actual incentive other than some "points" and an "honor rating" to inspire people to be honorable? Good in theory, but being honorable is not equivalent to achievement grinding. If there is nothing of value to be gained by being honorable other than a score, trolls are still going to be trolls.

Good idea, but really, bad implementation. You want to give players a reason to go above and beyond. The players who are already "honorable" by nature have nothing to gain from this, so they aren't really being rewarded, and the people who would change their behavior based on this new program have nothing to achieve, so really... what are you accomplishing?

I believe that since it is new, that this version is just for the time being. It's only been around for a few hours. I think even in the first Riot post they mentioned that, in the future, there most likely will be rewards.

Go to page 37 if you would like to read my analysis of this new amazing system.

For those that say TLDR my basic message is about implementing a system where, in randoms, you get matched with others with a similar honor so that eventually trolls will just get matched up with other trolls. Everyone will be happy ... except the trolls of course.

Banderjack

10-01-2012

I very much like this idea. Good job Riot

xZraloKx

10-01-2012

take away the ability to give honor to friendslist, should be more or a thing for strangers imo, makes it more accurate, too many will just trade.

Cooldude1234

10-01-2012

Quote:
MTaur:
Having three ragers on my team who are closer matches for my skill level does not make for a better game at all. I'd much rather either wait another 30 seconds for a match or have slightly more variation in skill if it means I'll know that I won't have to deal with ragers all game or ignore half my team half the time.

With enough server population, it should be possible to match based on two variables in a reasonable amount of time.

What would I rather have, a badge in my profile? Or drama-free queues every game? There really couldn't be a better reward.

This. Would you rather have someone less skilled but willing to learn, or someone whose only intention in the game is to ruin it for other players?

Mandaari

10-01-2012

Awesome, now make ARAM have matchmaking system so I can get in on the honor.

n00boxular

10-01-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
This is the part we're not OK with. Retaliation isn't a positive experience for the other players in the game. If you're retaliating, you're not an Honorable player we want to celebrate even if you are Honorable in some of your games.

Welp, I make 1-2 retaliatory comments and then stop. Self-respect man...

Akira Desmondes

10-01-2012

OH GOD!
Riot I love you so much, best idea ever IMHO O_O
It's so good to feel good as a player because you can tell others how good they are in playing, whereas you can report bad players and stuff! This is really awesome!
Good players should have minimum rewards like "Less time in wait for dodging a queue" or something liek that!
At any rate, i think its GREAT. Thanks riot, for another awesome idea!

MTaur

10-01-2012

Quote:
Cooldude1234:
This. Would you rather have someone less skilled but willing to learn, or someone whose only intention in the game is to ruin it for other players?

Or you could queue with someone that much better than you who gives pointers instead of flaming you.

More variation doesn't always mean matching down, though at very high Elos, it could cause downward matching too much. For the middle 50%, it's probably not an issue at all, but it could become tricky near the top.