Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-01-2012
17 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CritzInMyPants View Post
I cant see my honor it isn't on my profile.
Try relogging. We just turned it on so it might not update until you reboot your client.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcues124

Junior Member

10-01-2012

Now I can be honored Yeeeeeee And I can Honor other People!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghan04

Senior Member

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by messymike View Post
friendly and helpful should be in 1 category, and there should be a MVP one for when someone is soley responsible for carrying the team
This isn't really what the Honor system is designed to recognize. Just because you play well does not mean you are Honorable. Players should be recognized for being positive players regardless of how well or poorly they perform in a match.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zacoly

Senior Member

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Just wait and see how it all unfolds.

You know I was pretty sure you had training in psychology before I read this line, now I'm certain you do. This guy is good! ^^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EsperMagic

Senior Member

10-01-2012

meh, I dont really get anything out of it, so why spend the time to hand it out when I could just go play another match? Same reason i never report small things, just a waste of time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Praetor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet teemotion View Post
Oh God. There he goes again about his PhD. This guy can't post in a single thread without mentioning his PhD at least once.

Please, guy. If your achievements were all so prestigious and successful, I doubt you'd be working for a VIDEO GAME company with a graduate degree in cognitive neuroscience.

Look at this system you're implementing. Years of research? Give me a break. A 12 year old could have come up with this system without any research whatsoever. You thumbs up people that you like. It is literally that simple. How much research could that possibly take?


This isn't even relevant because you're discussing rewards for a system whereby completing a task isn't necessary. You don't reward the people who give out honor. That would be just stupid.
While I appreciate some of your post, the degree being mentioned helped a tad here. What I am worried about is that his degree helped shape this experiment.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

messymike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghan04 View Post
This isn't really what the Honor system is designed to recognize. Just because you play well does not mean you are Honorable. Players should be recognized for being positive players regardless of how well or poorly they perform in a match.

why cant it be both? obviously if someone is a dick in game, no one is going to want to give them honor in the first place...

and if you are being helpful, you are being friendly, if you are being friendly, chances are you helped someone out


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UXLZ

Senior Member

10-01-2012

I have got to say.

FINALLY!

But, seriously, good job Riot/Lyte/Whoever's idea this was.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StarBubbles

Senior Member

10-01-2012

Quick! Everyone play support!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cläptrap

Senior Member

10-01-2012

So why exactly would you release this with the intention of making people more respectful, but give 0 incentive? Yes I'm aware you say youre going to experiment with it in the future, but cmon, if you want the trolls to start being nice yo have to give a reward. Just a near-sighted idea in my opinion