Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zacoly

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyTeemo View Post
I still can't see the point of the honor system. You can easily abuse it, if you have a lot of friends and premade all of them you will get a lot of honor in no time.
You missed the "honorable opponent" button. As long as this can't be used in custom games, then guilds who only honor themselves but are really a bunch of self righteous jerks won't get much in this category. That how you can tell Truly honorable people from people who just play ALOT of premade games with their best friends.

On top of that I hope I get less than 4 Honor points to give out per game that way I can't honor my WHOLE premade team EVERY game.

But yes, I would expect people who are cool enough to have friends already that like playing with them will get honor points more rapidly than others.... that's the point.

Scarey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
Ah, then I am more accepting of who I am as a person then? I'm not sure what that stands to benefit you, not admitting to your flaws that is. Whatever the case, you know your faults just as I know mine, so while I iterated publicly a few of mine, you decided to take advantage of the fact I was forth-coming and use that to make a vaguely witty remark. I took that opportunity to point out how silly that was, as we're all flawed, it just varies to what degree. You truly know your faults, as I know mine, and if you don't trust my thought because of my flaws, how can you trust yours because of your flaws? Seems a bit odd, but again I am a hypocrite and you are not, oh, well, given that you distrust me because of flaws but yet you don't yourself because of flaws, oh I give up!
Again, this is all about how you conduct yourself in public. If you tell me you're a hypocrite, then you try to state your case, it is not going to hold much weight. I never told anyone I was a hypocrite.

Look man, in the spirit of the opening of this new honor system, I want to extend the olive branch from here on out. I was very snarky to responding to you throughout this thread and you didn't deserve it despite how you may or may not have acted towards others. I hope you understand the other side of it just as I understand (although I may not agree) your side of it. I am completely sincere in wishing you the best of gaming experiences in LoL and that I hope you come to embrace and benefit from this honor system, even if that benefit isn't tangible.

Fire Swamp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Can you give people honor from playing an ARAM game?

pandaleon

10-01-2012

yea positive reinforcement!

Praetor

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarey23 View Post
I'm willing to bet those studies have an extremely loose association with this situation. Also, we're not talking about a "world without incentives". We're talking about acknowledging people for doing what they are supposed to do anyway: act in a friendly, helpful, and honorable way while working as a team.

Let's take your government metaphor you keep relating to. Does the US (League of Legends) give you incentive for acting congenial to your fellow citizen(players)? I don't think so. Sure, you stay out of jail (suspension/ban), and you can gain a reputation as a good citizen (honor), but you don't get paid to be honorable IRL. Why should we be paid to be honorable in game?
But, you see, you DO get paid for being an honorable person. While this payment is not directly from an entity for behavior specifically, it is still there. This is how sociopaths comprise a very many of the executive level positions on Wallstreet: they understand that appearance is reality and as such they conduct themselves in an artificial manner, giving their audience what they(the audience) need to further their (the sociopaths') agenda. So, through manipulating their audience, as we all do but they do it much more successfully due to the ability to compartmentalize, they do in fact get tangible incentives for being nice.

Enofel

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Swamp View Post
Can you give people honor from playing an ARAM game?

Nope, only match made games

Ghan04

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacoly View Post
You missed the "honorable opponent" button. As long as this can't be used in custom games, then guilds who only honor themselves but are really a bunch of self righteous jerks won't get much in this category. That how you can tell Truly honorable people from people who just play ALOT of premade games with their best friends.

On top of that I hope I get less than 4 Honor points to give out per game that way I can't honor my WHOLE premade team EVERY game.

But yes, I would expect people who are cool enough to have friends already that like playing with them will get honor points more rapidly than others.... that's the point.
The Honor system will recognize when premades are Honoring each other, and that Honor will be worth less if it continues to happen.
The system is designed to recognize those who are pillars of the community and really embody what it means to be a positive League of Legends player.

worrAAAps

10-01-2012

Excellent initiative. It really feels great to know people enjoyed playing with you.

Keep the good work guys.

messymike

10-01-2012

friendly and helpful should be in 1 category, and there should be a MVP one for when someone is soley responsible for carrying the team

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-01-2012
16 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordAlpha View Post
I try to be helpful when I can, but at the same time if someone is being a jerk/trolling I give it right back to them.
This is the part we're not OK with. Retaliation isn't a positive experience for the other players in the game. If you're retaliating, you're not an Honorable player we want to celebrate even if you are Honorable in some of your games.