Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Compete with Honor!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhoxxyPwny

10-01-2012

Because only in league would you have to implement a system to prevent people from being *******s to one another -.-

Praetor

10-01-2012

Quote:
Scarey23:
Given all your flaws, how can you trust your opinion that this is a half-solution? I certainly don't trust it.

Given all of your flaws, how do you trust your decision making process? Mind-boggling if you turn that judgment inwards, isn't it?

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-01-2012

Quote:
Praetor:
I would without a doubt wager you're 100% wrong. This system is meant to better toxic behavior WHILE rewarding players that are upstanding pillars of the community. If I am mistaken, Lyte, correct me. If I am not,

I highly doubt toxic players are going to change good because of Honor. We're only trying to identify the positive pillars of our community and nudge 'neutral' players who might lean good instead of bad in their future games.

Before I started working in the games industry, I got my Masters in Cognitive Psychology and PhD in Cognitive Neuroscience and was funded by the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. I'm confident that if your professor understood the phases of the Honor Initiative, he would find it charming and effective for our goals. We are applying years and years of research to this system and there's very specific reasons we aren't announcing or talking about rewards in Phase 1.

The Tribunal will eventually expand to further help reform players (evident in the Reform Cards we built recently). However, the Honor Initiative has different goals. Just wait and see how it all unfolds.

Ghan04

10-01-2012

Quote:
Ozadin:
Lyte,

Will higher ELO people be punished because we tend to have a lot of the same people/friends in our game? I feature looks awesome but I don't want anything happening to my account...

I remember Lyte talking about this - you won't be punished if there is a smaller pool of people that you can Honor.

Mango027

10-01-2012

love it

SandBeard

10-01-2012

Quote:
Praetor:
Read all of my posts. Even the ones I am a bit ashamed of, due to ad hominem. I admitted, freely, I am not a psychology major, student, drone, carrot, anything. I am flawed, I am a resident of the Commonwealth of Virginia, I am a hypocrite, I enjoy a few bad habits, in summation I'm a normal person. What I also happen to be is a realist and pragmatist that is not thankful for half-solutions

Oh ok, so glad we have that cleared, because people like me don't try to look for real solutions, my bad, I just enjoy anything and everything that is thrown at me. I'll take it no matter how small of an improvement it is! Oh wait who was the realist? I forgot.

My own post admitted what type of behavior I have shown recently in games, once again if you read my post, this and other features Riot has introduced will bring people like me border line cases (most of us), back in to a reality, into the fine lines of respect and disrespect.

MiroBG

10-01-2012

Will honorable players be able to get like a forums badge, or in game badge so that other players know that you don't troll, feed etc?

Wood Style

10-01-2012

There really shouldn't be something like this in the first place. People should show common sense and have respect nonetheless. But who am I kidding. This is League of Legends... :3

Lissala

10-01-2012

Hopefully it will help, but I'm sure it would be even more effective if some sort of small incentive were involved. Kind of sad to have to reward someone for being friendly, but really.. ANYTHING to get rid of some of the awful harassment that comes with playing this game

SandBeard

10-01-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
I highly doubt toxic players are going to change good because of Honor. We're only trying to identify the positive pillars of our community and nudge 'neutral' players who might lean good instead of bad in their future games.

Before I started working in the games industry, I got my Masters in Cognitive Psychology and PhD in Cognitive Neuroscience and was funded by the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. I'm confident that if your professor understood the phases of the Honor Initiative, he would find it charming and effective for our goals. We are applying years and years of research to this system and there's very specific reasons we aren't announcing or talking about rewards in Phase 1.

The Tribunal will eventually expand to further help reform players (evident in the Reform Cards we built recently). However, the Honor Initiative has different goals. Just wait and see how it all unfolds.

Thank you Lyte for confirming my understanding about the border line cases (once again, most of us).