Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Compete with Honor!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Psi21

10-01-2012

As a customer of your game I think this new method for the tribunal is not as good as the old method for rewarding players who participate in Tribunal.

And if you say the old method was for IP hungry players it wasn't.

The players are what suffer here as tightly knit groups will control honor. The problematic type to this new tribunal is that random players won't point out "spam" - "But you say this point honor means nothing" But Riot is just pointing out it may mean something in the future and those 1-up-me-nots who press the envelop will strive for honor.

Riot, you could have thought better methods to fix those troublesome individuals that are causing the problem. If you say, "Well you are not thinking of any." Well here is one I am very strongly for ... don't even offer a chance "Ever" for the opposite team to communicate with the team they are playing. In the sport of competition if needed offer pre-made text offering to state good game at only the end of the match.

And as a customer looking at the fun/cool idea of this all.... I see it as lame and uneventful.

As a player that has been playing since beta testing I have to say this is the poorest idea yet.

But you still have Morello, So I can see how this idea could have been introduced.
Yes, Morello, I called you out on a thread that has nothing to do with your job of...
over the continuous nerfing of true AP. AP items are ha-dismal.... huanting guise and the change to Abyssal comes to mind. A note-able upgrade (and I don't count the Athene's Unholy Grail) to any AP item I even saw came with a nerf to DFG and a buff to Morello's own tome.

I am just so discussed with Riots direction on balancing in general. This game really isn't even like DOTA anymore.

Praetor

10-01-2012

Quote:
Shadowraven12:
Bro, bro, bro, bro! .. . I got this! How about we incorporate this a little into solo que matchmaking after a while, making it a bit more likely for people to get matched up with similar quality pple. Would definitely make pple wana give out more to those who deserve it, and less to people who don't!

AH!! Escape from New York! Have the toxic players grouped exclusively together and have them police themselves. MAYHEM AND CARNAGE AND THE STRONGEST, MOST FOUL-MOUTHED MEMBERS WILL PREVAIL IN THE CESSPOOL KNOWN AS THE PENAL COLONY OF NEW YORK CITY, errrrr Toxic Player Place!

MathMage

10-01-2012

Quote:
Praetor:
I'll just add the phrase ad hominem to this discussion. When the topic gets to the personal level, the topic is lost. I have allowed it to stray by conversing with some of you fine pillars of this community when you bring my personal character into question and I respond in kind. I will abstain from now on, as I believe in learning from my mistakes, when the replies become directed at me instead of the topic at hand.

You didn't respond to the substance of the discussion, instead taking the supercilious attitude that we don't 'belong' in the discussion. Naturally this will lead people to point out that you're both wrong AND an ass. Feel free to claim that you're just too good for this discussion, but getting out just because people called you on acting like an ass doesn't make you any less wrong, or any less of an ass.

LenfaL

10-01-2012

The problem with this system is that the most reasonable players are usually the ones who don't speak at all and just play well.

As much as they aren't exactly a shining force mood wise, they're still usually the best players in terms of skill and attitude and will probably never get any honor points...

On the other hand, you'll often see those players who spend half their game typing tips in the chat, while playing extremely poorly. As I understand it, those will probably get more honor, and I don't find it fair...

Oariis

10-01-2012

Buying honor, $5 each.....lol jk, but seriously I like the new honor system it gives me something to look forward to getting after a match or if I teach new players how to play I can get a little something from it.

Drukyul

10-01-2012

I hope when Lyte mentions an automated "flag for review" for your honor gifts, the review is at least somewhat in-depth. I have a couple really cool & friendly people I queue with regularly, and I will likely be throwing some honor their way quite often.

Taylion

10-01-2012

I think the idea of the honor system is positive, however, until there is an assosiated award the impact will be minimal. Its a string without a carrot .

The system should at least take honor rating into consideration when match making so we can slowly separate the positive from the negative players.

Vortrix

10-01-2012

I first saw this in my first dominion I ever played today I thought it was a dominion only thing so I gave a nid on my team thumbs up for helping me out xD

Nazghoul

10-01-2012

I find this to be a fun idea to help support good players - from good players (when I say good I don't mean skill, I mean nice).

I'm not the biggest fan of -rewards- however. This is why:

IF a reward such as "THe most honorable player this month or year or weerk" is made, it seems rather unfair. And the example I would use is myself. I play this game in a style that I enjoy. I play the game my way and I don't cater to the "Last guy has to be a tank!" or "We need another AP, PLAY AP MAN". I play who I want and build them however I want because I am able to. I can play Fiddlesticks attack damage because an infinity edge is NOT locked from me purchasing it. And if I respect everyone else and help win the game in a positive manner, and in the end, being good results in nothing, not even an honor point - then it's a community flaw.

I guess the point is don't implement a reward that controls the way someone has to play to get honored.

Larvae To Leech

10-01-2012

If i end up with poor honor I'm going to start every match by saying. You have dishonored me and my family prepare to die.