Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Visko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

I really like this idea, I do. But I fear players will often just "dishonor" a person for not playing good. Considering how often I see people reporting others for doing poorly in a match. Either way, I look forward to seeing what kind of impact this makes, if any.

Dorryza

10-01-2012

huh. I like this

Jimyd

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoL33ta View Post
While I'm glad Riot is making attempts to improve the game like this, I don't think honor will be effective.

The players I end up matched with will, at the end of the game either
A) Leave the lobby immediately (usually)
B) Trash talk the other team/each other (sometimes)

In the case of A, I very seriously doubt they'll take an extra 3 seconds to click the Honor button, and in the case of B the only thing they'll click is 'Report.'
This.

Hussarlance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

I think this is a great idea. While I recognize some drawbacks, the benefits easily outweigh them.

MathMage

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
I didn't say I was infallible or a not hypocrite, now did i?
Nah...from the attitude of your posts, you just take that for granted.

Wormulous

10-01-2012

Epiccccccccc

Praetor

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarey23 View Post
No, but you are insinuating that it is wrong for him to assume you are not a toxic player. The fact is, you are not doing very well at leading people to the assumption that you are a non-toxic player. I see nothing wrong with his assumption based on the way you've conducted yourself in this thread. The second bolded statement only adds to that perception.
I'll just add the phrase ad hominem to this discussion. When the topic gets to the personal level, the topic is lost. I have allowed it to stray by conversing with some of you fine pillars of this community when you bring my personal character into question and I respond in kind. I will abstain from now on, as I believe in learning from my mistakes, when the replies become directed at me instead of the topic at hand.

Shadowraven12

10-01-2012

Bro, bro, bro, bro! .. . I got this! How about we incorporate this a little into solo que matchmaking after a while, making it a bit more likely for people to get matched up with similar quality pple. Would definitely make pple wana give out more to those who deserve it, and less to people who don't!

YoshioPeePee

10-01-2012

i shall have all the smiley teemo faces

ALL OF THEM

Reiran89

10-01-2012

Very good. Nice to see that Riot is taking initiative for creating a reward system.

For those saying the honor system won't work because there's no rewards for it, you're missing the point. People in general are more motivated when positive rewards are given for good behavior. I'd like to see what the rewards for honor would be though. Maybe a slight IP/XP boost for a few games or something.