Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scarey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
You're assuming I'm a toxic player. You understand what assumptions lead to? They, to be polite, make you seem stupid.

This is just too rich.

Sk33tSauce

10-01-2012

I just got honored. I would like to know by whom, to messege them and say thanks for their appreciation and ask them what I did right. Is there any way to know who honored me? Also, maybe my happiest moment in league.

On a side note, this has occured in the last game or two, which has had me gaining 200+ elo in less than a week. I think I am onto something.

Praetor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarey23 View Post
This is just too rich.
I didn't say I was infallible or a not hypocrite, now did i?

Intensive

10-01-2012

GJ team!

MathMage

10-01-2012

Quote:
I'll not correct the talking with typing (oops), but I will let you continue to assume I am a toxic player. Even if I was a toxic player, why would I be upset if I am not going to get a reward that doesn't mean anything anyway? Why I am asking you, as you weren't invited to the conversation I actually want to have, is beyond me. Oh yeah, that's right, you'll do as you damned well please and the such. Enjoy the rest of your day, as I am done conversing with you in any medium from this juncture onward.
-I haven't said one word about your in-game behavior, but if it's similar to how you are here, then you are toxic.
-You haven't actually discussed the concept Lyte discussed, because you haven't moved beyond the fact that Phase 1 isn't a complete solution.
-You weren't given any sort of exclusive invitation, and you can block your ears to my posts, but you can't block readers' eyes to the fact that my logic trumps yours.

enchanted dildo

10-01-2012

i just wanted to say that this is a great idea, and a very creative way to deal with the immaturity and raging that plagues online games. people respond well to incentives, even if there is no tangible reward. anyways, hopefully this will make the community more pleasant to play with

LoL33ta

10-01-2012

While I'm glad Riot is making attempts to improve the game like this, I don't think honor will be effective.

The players I end up matched with will, at the end of the game either
A) Leave the lobby immediately (usually)
B) Trash talk the other team/each other (sometimes)

In the case of A, I very seriously doubt they'll take an extra 3 seconds to click the Honor button, and in the case of B the only thing they'll click is 'Report.'

Quenton

10-01-2012

Well, I dont mean to complain, but it seems that people (like me) who play LoL to play with friends premade almost exclusively would get jipped by having less random players in the game to be honored by. I see where the abuse is bad, I agree with the decision, and I don't know what you'd do about it, but it kinda makes me sad.

Scarey

10-01-2012

Quote:
I didn't say I was infallible or a not hypocrite, now did i?
No, but you are insinuating that it is wrong for him to assume you are not a toxic player. The fact is, you are not doing very well at leading people to the assumption that you are a non-toxic player. I see nothing wrong with his assumption based on the way you've conducted yourself in this thread. The second bolded statement only adds to that perception.

Slavik1

10-01-2012

Is this feature NA-exclusive?