Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Munegazer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Kudos for some positive reinforcement. It may be just what we needed. thumbs up

FakStar

10-01-2012

why not add a button saying :*******

Praetor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
Perhaps you might have read Lyte's post, in particular the part where he said this was a multi-phase process. Just because this step does not work as an end state doesn't mean it won't work as a first step, and doesn't mean that it won't accomplish the particular goals that PB&J have in mind for it (which aren't necessarily the broader goals that PB&J have in mind for the Honor system).
When I try something, anything, I try hard. When a successful company with reportedly successful executives try something, anything, I am certain they try just as hard if not harder. Why you don't attempt to hit it out of the park on phase one is beyond me.

If you don't mind, you'll have to excuse yourself from the conversation I am attempting to have at the behest of this fine upstanding Riot employee.

a Reaper

Recruiter

10-01-2012

Finally a system to show others your love and compassion to your team and the game......but why is the friendly symbol teemo?......DOES NOT COMPUTE.......i will have all the friendly psychopath points. Thanks Riot

KillerNeko

10-01-2012

PERFECT! Just something I do need in game,as honor is my pride,and this system will help me improve it!

Riot,you guys got some really deep appreciation for making this !

MMKH

10-01-2012

For some reason I read "Honor" as "Hodor".

FancySalmon

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
I would without a doubt wager you're 100% wrong. This system is meant to better toxic behavior WHILE rewarding players that are upstanding pillars of the community. If I am mistaken, Lyte, correct me. If I am not,
Oh, of course they will SAY it is their intention, but let's be real. Others have already established more eloquently than I that, unless the Honor system offers a constant, continuous reward for those players that need significant incentive to be decent and respectable, toxic players have no reason to change. Even then, that kind of reward would only cheapen the system as toxic players faked their behavior to get their reward. That's the quickest way for the system to become ineffective and irrelevant. Respectable players must actually approve of the system for it to work to promote respectable play, not the toxic players out only for the incentive.

The easy comparison is the change to the Tribunal rewards system. Riot found that those players who wanted to impact the game in a positive manner would do it of their own accord, while those with false intentions were attracted to the IP bonuses, and muddled the system.

Alexandra Avdey

10-01-2012

Respect to people who get the "Helpful" honor.

I rarely see anyone trying to be "helpful" without being met with "STFU" let alone met with appreciation.

Mr Brightsidce

10-01-2012

Someone take that keyboard away from Baron. He is making us be nice to eachother so we wont fight him... I'm on to you _ *points*

xAltairis

10-01-2012

I really like this addition. I just honored my teammate who had great teamwork, and it's a really cool feature to be able to kind of give your teammates a "thumbs up" like that.