Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Compete with Honor!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Praetor

10-01-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
If you don't find value in the Phase 1 of the Honor Initiative, then don't take part. We've infused a lot of psychology into the system and there's a reason why we aren't talking about rewards for Phase 1.

If you want to have a constructive discussion about it, we should talk about research where people are told they will receive tangible rewards for doing a task versus the surprise of receiving something for doing a task.

The last part: yes. Communism. Discuss why communism is perfect on paper and not as such in practice. Perhaps you and your psychology major colleagues might have heard of this grand experiment. I alluded to this earlier, the various forms of government, but I have no problem reiterating it.

Larnin17

10-01-2012

Is there a way to remove honor if the player is unhelpful, or refusing to communicate? Or is the only way to deal with this situation to report a player?

I just think the system needs both sides. We can all slowly build up honor, but if we are not honorable in a game then I think players should be able to give a thumbs down that removes an honor point. With the way the tribunal works, Riot seems to want players to police other players. I think this would be a good way of doing that and not sending everything to the tribunal.

~Lauren

Yoruichi

10-01-2012

Cool post. Glad you guys finally got a positive reenforcement system goin for us.

xephh

10-01-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
If you don't find value in the Phase 1 of the Honor Initiative, then don't take part. We've infused a lot of psychology into the system and there's a reason why we aren't talking about rewards for Phase 1.

If you want to have a constructive discussion about it, we should talk about research where people are told they will receive tangible rewards for doing a task versus the surprise of receiving something for doing a task.

Lyte for president.

MathMage

10-01-2012

Quote:
Praetor:
The last part: yes. Communism. Discuss why communism is perfect on paper and not as such in practice. Perhaps you and your psychology major colleagues might have heard of this grand experiment. I alluded to this earlier, the various forms of government, but I have no problem reiterating it.

Perhaps you might have read Lyte's post, in particular the part where he said this was a multi-phase process. Just because this step does not work as an end state doesn't mean it won't work as a first step, and doesn't mean that it won't accomplish the particular goals that PB&J have in mind for it (which aren't necessarily the broader goals that PB&J have in mind for the Honor system).

Look, if your first reaction is "It is blindingly obvious that this is a bad idea," you should consider that maybe you're not the only genius in the universe, and that maybe someone on PB&J has already accounted for that 'obvious flaw'.

AlexHumphrey

10-01-2012

I really like this. Thanks Riot!

TroIliN

10-01-2012

Why do you keep implementing awesome things! Just another reason I keep playing LoL. Another stat to work towards!

Aphotic Atrocity

10-01-2012

This has needed to be implemented for a long time. LoL is pretty notorious for having the worst community. The players that do right by other players and make more of a positive impact than a negative one, should get something out of it.

Wonshikee

10-01-2012

if this wasn't addressed... I hope you can only promote a person once.

ocnus

10-01-2012

the players who play more games are going to have more honors am i correct? if so, the honor measure is not so accurate.