Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

soar0116

10-01-2012

I like this feature a lot, I look forward to seeing the rewards that will come from this Riot.

FancySalmon

10-01-2012

Quote:
A person that acts as though they're a "good" person is more apt to become said "good" person, due to habit and the such. It takes ~10 weeks to develop a healthy habit, after all.
I think you might be mis-interpreting the purpose of the Honor system. This isn't a reform campaign. No one is attempting to convert the truly toxic players to become friendly and sportsman-like. Those players are dealt with through punishment by the Tribunal. Honor exists to encourage the majority of players out there who are quietly decent people, and need minimal (not non-existent) incentive to act as such. Such incentive is being given as simply appreciation and respect from other players, the very things that they exhibited to earn Honor in the first place. A positive-feedback system, as you can see.

Nores

10-01-2012

Its interesting development! I cant wait to see how it plays out, as it is right now I suspect in wins people will honor each other and in losses not so much

Delt Dragon

10-01-2012

Come forth, you will find honor in death!

kougarbite

Recruiter

10-01-2012

GOOD JOB RIOT! now us people that play to COMPETE and have FUN will have better chances of not being paired up with TROLLS and JERKS

Praetor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancySalmon View Post
I think you might be mis-interpreting the purpose of the Honor system. This isn't a reform campaign. No one is attempting to convert the truly toxic players to become friendly and sportsman-like. Those players are dealt with through punishment by the Tribunal. Honor exists to encourage the majority of players out there who are quietly decent people, and need minimal (not non-existent) incentive to act as such. Such incentive is being given as simply appreciation and respect from other players, the very things that they exhibited to earn Honor in the first place. A positive-feedback system, as you can see.
I would without a doubt wager you're 100% wrong. This system is meant to better toxic behavior WHILE rewarding players that are upstanding pillars of the community. If I am mistaken, Lyte, correct me. If I am not,

Kreyta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Sad part is most players wont be nice even if they are given a reward. Considering the fact that a lot of players arent nice even after they can get punished for their attitudes.

BigDaddySwagger

10-01-2012

nice!!!

FireFlinger

10-01-2012

For future ideas for how rewards are given have you considered using average honor per game? That way players who are just semi friendly but play a ton of games dont get more rewards then really nice players who only play a few.

Please comment Lyte

Gallant Spike

10-01-2012

From now on I will greet everyone before the match begins, give constructive feedback, and type "well played, gg" end game.

I'm hoping this will give other players a better incentive to act politely in game instead of being elitist morons who don't know how to constructively criticize someone when they play poorly.