Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skyelar

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by a big headache View Post
I gotta say it... In game people are much nicer lately
Unfortunately if you really stop and think about it, a ton of people are just lying through their teeth to gain honor. I get the point of the system, but there's also something disheartening about the fact that a lot of people are not being genuinely nice. People do not change over night, but a system like this just creates the illusion that they did.

I'm sure it still cuts down on Riot's need for customer service to chew through complaint tickets, and I'd wager that's a pretty big part of their goal.

DAHHKNESS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

How much honor do we need until we get that honorable opponent ribbon?

Reality Method

10-15-2012

Hello Dr. Lyte, I've been playing many matches lately and I have definitely seen the impact honor has on people, positively and negatively. The positive reinforcement is a great way to encourage people to be kinder to one another. This sociology experiment is good and has great potential I believe, but I can't see it as a fix for the truly dishonorable players to phrase is appropriately :P. Its only been a week now I think and the people that are really the issue in the community have already earned crests and lost them. More will earn and lose badges and the people who really need to be reprimanded will continue to earn and lose them until they don't care anymore and go back to their old behavior entirely. Of course not all will but I already see players talking about it in games.
The tribunal is also great, but sometime in the future I think it would be good to have stricter negative reinforcement, zero tolerance polices and such. It just isn't fair a player can be banned for a racial slur but the player who rages, calls name's etc for 45 minutes and ruins everyone's time by feeding never gets banned. I don't know if that is even your job and reading this means nothing but just some food for thought. This is not a criticism on honor because personally, i love it, and think it will help for sure, but I would like to see a more efficient (tribunal or tribunal like) system of wedding out the real jerks out there. If you read this thank you for your time Dr Lyte, looking forward to being a part of this and future experiments.

shífted

10-16-2012

When reporting someone there's an option to leave a small explanation for the report.
Are there potential benefits to having this option when honoring someone?

Reality Method

10-16-2012

I think you should only be able to honor a player once, I was surprised when you could honor the same person more than once. This would fix the problem...

xkhazixmaster18

10-16-2012

would honor be reset if you get "punished" by the tribunal with a warning?

Okami Deity

10-16-2012

the problem im more concerned with is that you get punished if you abuse it via friends. But if you only play with friends and each of you felt the teamwork was fair you still cant give them anything thus you will drop into the " Honor Hell " I will now dub it.

wizard99at2

10-17-2012

how many honors do i need to get ? how do i get the red ribbon ?

taetox

10-17-2012

omg so if i honor them it will minus to my honor i honor my team when we win i just read this post i didnt know before pls someone explain me this stuff

Montag

Player Experience Manager

10-17-2012
81 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyelar View Post
Unfortunately if you really stop and think about it, a ton of people are just lying through their teeth to gain honor. I get the point of the system, but there's also something disheartening about the fact that a lot of people are not being genuinely nice. People do not change over night, but a system like this just creates the illusion that they did.
I'll just leave this right here.