Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fongletto

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
There are quite a few Dominion players that have Crests already so it's untrue that it's impossible to get one playing Dominion. You can also earn Honor in Co-op vs AI games, so why would you need to stop playing those with your friends? :P
Thanks for the reply. Cleared up a few things I've been curious about. To answer your question though 2 reasons.

1) I can't get honorable opponent in AI games and I don't know if this is normalized with regular games. So if I play a lot of AI games would I eventually lose honorable opponent?

2) By the limited data I have access too it appears that friend honor is worth about 1/4 as much as non friend honor. (judging by honor values and people I know with crests) So if I played 100% of games with friends, and in each game all 4 friends honored me for being awesome, It wouldn't even get me a crest and I'd likely just get a ban.

Just so you know I have read EVERY post you have made on this, and have been tracking it eagerly because I find it very interesting.

P.S. I drew baby swain while I was waiting for your reply so here he is.

Calderweiss

10-08-2012

I would like to know who honors me. But it's sort of mysterious in a good way as well. I don't know about rewarding people for honor ( Love the idea), but it would be nice if our honor was displayed maybe in champion select or loading screen or whatnot so people could tell who is a good teamworker, and help to offer advice for those who may not have a lot of honor. Then, if they cooperate, you honor them. Small change, but we like to know things about other people!

Kenshizz

10-08-2012

Lyte,

First off, I'd just like to state that I have not read through the 115 pages on this thread, so I'm sorry if the following have already been mentioned or answered.

Some form of statistics could be useful to the wider community, or at least some generalisation on the amount of honor needed to achieve crests. For instance,

-How much honor does it actually take?
-Do you need a minimum of 1 honor per game, and how long must you be consistent for to earn a crest?
-Say if you were honored enough to receive a crest, and the next game you play, you don't receive any honor, do you instantly lose the crest?
-What percentage of people from both dominion and normal game types have a crest?

Personally, I have received 54 teamwork honor, and 21 honorable opponents fairly consistently, however have not received anything. I'm not fussing about me not being rewarded, I'm just curious, as with perhaps a lot of the community.

Daen

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshizz View Post
[B]Personally, I have received 54 teamwork honor, and 21 honorable opponents fairly consistently, however have not received anything. I'm not fussing about me not being rewarded, I'm just curious, as with perhaps a lot of the community.
That's a ton of Teamwork Honor, do you premade often or something?

costas84

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by costas84 View Post
Hey Lyte can u tell me how Honorable i am based on your data?

I wanna know if i should improve myself.
Quoting myself hoping to get an answer.

Kenshizz

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
That's a ton of Teamwork Honor, do you premade often or something?
Yes sometimes I premade, perhaps 30% of the time I have been premade, and thus maybe 10-15 of those teammate honors have been from premade groups.

Ajido

10-08-2012

Lyte,

Can you share your view on players stating that they're going to honor other players? I see it almost every game now where someone is acting friendly and saying they're going to honor someone in the hopes that they return the favor. But never flat out asking for it. Is this okay in your eyes, or how do you feel about this?

dancesintheruins

10-08-2012

Reporting other players who behave badly has been the only way to improve the community (other than leading by example) for too long--all stick with no carrot. Glad to see a carrot come along.

Abarus

10-08-2012

When are you going to take the time to fix FAQ so 90% of the worlds that use IE can read it.

AdolJr

10-08-2012

we need a dishonor button for all the trolls