Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kagami

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The system already takes this into account and values Honor from strangers more than premade friends.
Question on lately I've been queueing with friends of friends in some matches(semi-strangers as had I only played with 1-2 of 3-4 of them before) and have probably received honor from some of them, is their honor treated differently from normal premades where you invite all the players in the queue?

Apollinarius

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastProtagonist View Post
After thinking about this for a moment, I've noticed that I've received honor, but no additional friend requests from it.

Would adding a "Add this honorable player as a friend?" prompt after you honor someone be a nice implementation or would you have the inverse of the prisoner's island? I could see how it would get annoying, but I think adding the prompt would lead to more of a "Yeah, why not? It makes sense" feature of the honor system.
I have Honored many players but I haven't extended friend requests to any of them. A prompt which asks me if I want to friend the person after Honoring them would reduce the likelihood of me clicking that button.

DamnYank

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

@Lyte,

How would the system interpret it if you meet a stranger in game, and then add him afterwards, but you both decided that the other was legitimately deserving of honouring? Would it treat them as if you had honoured a friend or a stranger?

Thanks,

DamnYank

Kanzawa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

is there any way i can honor people ive never played with?

id like to send some honor to team WE for not cheating. pinging where the enemy is within the fog of war takes some skill, especially if you didnt look at the giant enemy minimap off to the side.

DualAxes

10-07-2012

It don't matter if u was friendly, had good teamwork, or was an Honorable opponent. The fact you picked an obvious OP champ shows how noob and desperate you are for a win.... people who say Ezreal is not op then why is he picked over 80% of the time over cait, Graves, GP, MF and so on?? ( don't really want to hear your responses because its is obvious already).... whenever i see an Ezreal you wont find me honoring you at all ( you desperate trash ). Glad Riot realized their mistake and will nerf him soon.......same goes to all troll picks even if you do good or great on a game the fact is you tried to mess us up in the first place ( trash ).

ElderLucian

10-07-2012

I feel like this has already been answered, at least partially, but i will say it anyways. What if your friends are legitimately honorable people in one of the available options and you feel like they should be rewarded. Will you still be penalized in some way for this or is the best way to handle it is to limit how often you honor them even though you feel that you should honor them as often as possible/applies.

Z32

10-07-2012

Reposting: I feel like, conceptually, there's an inherent flaw in the new honor system riot introduced due to a lack of feedback for using or misusing honor.

In games I do well in, win or lose I usually get Honorable Opponent or Teamwork. In games I do poorly in, I rarely get honor of any kind, regardless of my teamwork or attitude. Without any sort of feedback system for attributing honor for the right reasons, it devolves into simply a system of rewarding players who are more skilled, or simply perform well, rather than rewarding positive and helpful attitudes.

Additionally, there's really nothing to discourage players from simply petitioning a bloated friendslist to farm honor and aggrandize their profile, which is entirely counterproductive to the goal of the honor system, since the kind of people who would go out of their way to beg for honor from their friends are usually not the same kind of people who enter a game with a positive and helpful mindset. Instead of being a way to reward summoners who are pleasant to play with or against, it devolves into a sort of popularity contest -the likes of which will alienate the player who would have otherwise benefited from the system- because they won't be interested in competing socially for meaningless accolades.

In other words, there needs to be a supportive system of rewards and penalties for using your honor appropriately. What that kind of system might entail I don't really know, but the current system will simply not work, and we'll definitely see a substantial breakdown if or when riot ever decides to attach direct rewards to the accrual of honor.

Beta Dulet

10-07-2012

How much times honor from a stranger counts more than from a friend? I mean is this a big difference?

innervation

10-07-2012

Also, to add to my previous post about the people who were extremely, sarcastically, frustratingly "nice" (page 109) - a friend brought this post to my attention:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
I do not feel slighted because other people are acting nice. I never needed honor to be nice and I'm not upset if other people are being nice just for honor.

Edit: btw, have you ever had a player rage at you for 30 min? If that stops in games, I don't care the reason why.
-from thread http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=29817697

This is NOT ok. The aforementioned game I was complaining about was one of THE MOST frustrating experiences I've had in LoL. Griftrix has probably not experienced what I'm describing, or he would not have said that. Any comments Lyte? =/

Dr Perdition

10-07-2012

Sadly this game and its community is nothing but a bunch of billy bad asses. There is no honor among all of u a'holes, which is the reason I quit your sorry a** game. I had to comment as I randomly checked in to see what was once used to be a good game was actually doing. Too bad it's way to late to save this piece of sh*t.