Junglers giving their blue to mid lane.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BoD

10-03-2012

Honestly, if your jungling, and you are ganking enough and making successful ganks, before 7:20, I feel you should give the mid the blue. I play mid lane, and blue helps dominate the lane (for YOUR carry.) If they are able to keep the lane going, then they can also roam. Just my two cents though.

Yoshiko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Mid lane getting 2nd blue and up is very standard play. It keeps them in lane longer so they can keep farming. Biggest reason is you can go back without falling behind, where as if the mid goes back, they usually lose some cs and exp. The only time you wouldn't give blue is if you're either very behind, or they don't use mana.

IncendiarySpade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

usually the jungle can give blue, due to mana conservation + philo stone. But some mids are stupid about spamming until they have no mana without any mana regen runes, masteries, or items. If a jungler gets behind he may need 2nd blue, usually at 2k elo 3rd + is mids and 1 is jungler while, 2nd is a grey area.

Shinmen Takezo

10-03-2012

When i jungle, i never give the mid laner the blue. I wait and wait until they man up and go get it themselves, once they decide not to ask me and go get it themselves i usually help them out getting it and then continue living the thug life(jungling)

Xanthus730

10-03-2012

I prefer jungle to most other roles and honestly on 90% of game, after 1st or 2nd clear I can do without blue on nearly any jungle. Obviously blue makes jungling easier on most champs, but so does having all your lanes won.

I also usually give red to the top or ADC (depending on map side) after 1st or second clear to help them push and get fed.

Exceptions to this are:
1. Lane is feeding - I want to donate buff to my team, not theirs.
2. Lane is already won and that character is just free farming now.
3. The enemy jungler is focusing on countering and I need it to defend myself.

SpiffmeisterZ

10-03-2012

If they get uppity and demand it I may be less likely to hand it over. I will be part of the team but I will not be yelled at.

If they keep dying repeatedly, I will not give blue buff to the opposing team but will use it to try and gank their lane and do my best to camp to try and nip an overfed APC before they become unstoppable.

On the more friendly side, I usually ask if they need it or if I can take it if I'm mana reliant, and if I'm having a good game of controlling the dragon area best believe I'm making sure either mid or bot lane gets their blue as soon as I have the chance to steal it so I can keep having a blue to myself. Heck, half the time I will start pinging like crazy as I already have it set to die in 2-3 auto attacks and am just waiting on you to take it.

Blue is going to help the mid lane a LOT more than me, and I do my best to get it to them as often as I possibly can, but it's a gift to go beat it down and tank it to hand it over when I could just instagib it and go gank/counterjungle instead.

I guess in the end I just expect someone to be nice and to be able to keep it and use it well, not just think it belongs to them and treat me like their little 'gimme gimme' slave. And best believe if I ping for you to come get it, I have better things to do than sit and give you time to push your lane, go buy, then come see me when you feel like it. I'm giving it to you at the opportune safe moment when I know we have a free take with no chance of it getting contested/stolen.

Wow I cam off angry there, sorry for that but... Just how I feel lol.

Jurgrady

10-03-2012

As others have said, it's a team game, and your mid will get WAY more use out of it than you are.

Mana consumption is not a reason to not give it. Saying that they shouldn't be using their mana in lane is just foolish. They get the ability to harass much much better with blue then you do keeping it for a bit of exp.

Mid laners should feel entitled to it. They get the best use out of it, and outside of the first one, you should always be giving it to them. I play both Mid and jungle a great deal, and it annoys me to no end when a jungler doesn't give me blue. Especially since most of the time they go try and fail gank and die, or just waste it clearing a jungle they didn't need blue to clear.

Sure if Mid if feeding, I won't give it to them. But even MANA HUNGRY junglers shouldn't be keeping it. If you're playing say Olaf and think that you have to have blue your just bad. Same with Amumu, IDC if you feel like you need it, your bad if you can't clear your jungle and be functioning in fights without it. Your a tank, and so many times the jungler gets focused down when they gank, more often then not if there is a death in a gank it's the jungler. If you can't clear your jungle without blue, get better or stop playing jungle because mid needs it more then you do.

0FFDAH00K

10-03-2012

If you are playing an energy user, then yes, you can give the blue to your mid laner.

Hitman 4 Jebus

10-03-2012

1st blue should go to jungler, for the exp and the fast jungle clear for the helps on the lane. After that, USUALLY, blue goes to mid.

Advantages to blue on mid : He can harass freely, farm better, shorter CD's to win lane (and ganks). It basicly should assure the win on the mid if hes doing what he needs to be doing right.

Exept when : He keeps dying and MAYBE just MAYBE if you're super exp starved and can't go get a few lane exp. Junglers have the right to a certain "veto"... where you can decide that giving the blue to mid is a complete waste, aka giving it to the other team

TheSuperChrisb

10-03-2012

Surprised that no one said that LeBlanc need blue on the first page... I am more or less an avid LB and Anivia mid player and I know that they both NEED blue early game. LB can live without it, but it just makes live much easier when you are poking... Dat half health level 2 burst combo.