Teemo build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slaydis

10-01-2012

Hi guys!

As i am trying to find a good build for Teemo, i noticed that some guides focus on ad teemo while others claim that AP teemo is the best.

I actully dont understand why people build teemo as an AD or an AP caster. In my opinion teemo should be build as an AP DPS.
If you take Riven for example: Her abilities are improved with AD dmg. So ppl usually build some AD. In Teemos case, all his abilites execpt the quick move are improved by AP. So y should sombody build AD on him? The difference between Teemo and an AP Caster is just that he needs some Attack Speed to get a higher DPS.

So my usual build is: 21/9 masteries (AP); Insight marks, AS seals, Force glyphs and Swiftness quints.

Items are: Sorc shoes;Malady (lowers enemies MR), Wits end (AS); Rabadons; Hextech gunblade (not sure about this items, still trying it out); rylais

I am pretty sure that some of you will not agree to this build. So plz explain me y u biuld an ad teemo?

Slaydis-

Sofnyx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

a late game AP teemo will destroy any squishy with 1 mushroom doing 3/4 of there HP, most teemos just think there q lets them 1v1 any melee champion so they build AD i always build AS on hit teemo but i get BC and madreds not deathcap or gunblade

Slaydis

10-01-2012

Quote:
i always build AS on hit teemo but i get BC and madreds not deathcap or gunblade
I used to build madreds too, however, Rabadons grants you higher dmg on your toxic shot and a nuke on your blind dart+gives you 30% more ap if u build some.
I am acutally not sure if madreds is better then rabadons, but i think it is defentetly better vs a tanky team.

Slaydis-

Gster

10-01-2012

Build Teemo according to what your team needs.

pro4never

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

I'm enjoying DFG Teemo when I'm forced to play top.

boots + 3 pots
Kages pick > deathfire
boots > Sorc Shoes
Codex + Stinger (max CDR + decent attack speed and ap at this point. Combine it whenever you like)
Deathcap
Void Staff

Very late game item either GA (backdooring + reducing focus vs you) or Lichbane to double your burst essentially. Q + lich auto on their ADC and boom they die fast.

I find in lane I farm and harass every chance I (safely) can then rush deathcap for the nice chunk of cdr, ap and the active. Honestly the active lets you zone your enemy far more than you'd think.

Lets say I get deathfire by level 8 (decent farm, no real ganks required). At this point they will probably have mercs and maybe like a dorans and some other minor items (DFG is reasonably cheap and most tops will want to balance defense, offense and sustain when vs a teemo)

You walk into lane, DFG them, Q them and 2-3 autos and they will be at 1/2 health fairly easily. At this point you proceed to zone them, shroom everywhere to avoid being ganked/dived and your deathfire will be back up in like 50 seconds.

Now just farm and zone them and you can get your build quite nicely.

Mid game just shroom ALL the objectives so even when you're farming, you have the ability to help your team and protect objectives.

NeospyRelentless

Recruiter

10-01-2012

Quick question since I'm still pretty new to the game, much less Teemo. I've tried to use a few lifesteal/spellvamp options on Teemo. I'm not sure how spellvamp works for me. I seem to get hp back with lifesteal even on an AP build better than spellvamp. Tested with 2k hp: 15%LS got me back to full on 1 wave; sold and tested again, same wave with 20% spellvamp couldn't get me to full. Yet every attack I'm doing far more AP dmg than AD dmg. Any1 else notice this?

Ethri

10-01-2012

@Slaydis I personally think AS is a bad thing on AP Teemo. If you get close enough and the enemies are alert in team fights (often not the case) you will be shut down FAST. The DFG/ Nashor's build is a good combo because of the mana regen, CDR for your shrooms, and attack speed for un-alert enemies/ farming. If you have access to blue buff+ blue elixir then Nashors is unneeded unless your team plans on pushing lanes.

@NeospyRelentless Poison dart doesn't work with spell vamp....

Sebastian Azrael

10-01-2012

I like starting off with Dorans blade
Merc treads
Malady
Wits End
Maldreds Blood Razor
Frozen Mallot
Then Guardian Angel or Thornmail depending. Super fast damaging attacks.

For runes i go for magic penetration and attack speed

Build Q, E, W then max your E asap and your R of course. Max your E last.

Ethri

10-02-2012

Also, to more directly answer your question..... People don't usually build AD Teemo. It is more common to build him as an attack speed bruiser because he can actually survive in fights while dishing out damage. Going pure AD on Teemo is not that wise because of his short attack range and lack of steroids.

*imagines Teemo on steroids* lol

ShadowsBetrayYou

10-02-2012

what i do with Teemo is this build

boots, 3 pots
kages lucky pick
what ever boots im gonna upgrade to (depends on enemy team champs) but usually magic pen or resist
death fire grasp. (good amounts of AP and has a active spell which damages and slows enemy champs)
if im getting decent amount of kills early ill go rabadons death cap (if not get void staff)

after that it just depends on the situation of the game. you could go lich bane, another rabadons, hourglass, maybe some attack speed items. also your last item being a GA or thornmail can help as well.