AD lulu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

ad lulu can work, but i think overall she contributes more as a support. yes fully built she is terrifying, but so is AD brand. any champ that has a stun that gets enough gold to build ie and phantom dancer will wreck people, but lulu has potential to do more than that - as a support she can wreck whole teams. Its not like it isn't doable, its just not as good as ad sona (who benefits a lot from the powerchord procs)

Full Brain

10-02-2012

I build her with

Ninja Tabi
Kitae's Bloodrazor
Nashor's Tooth
Zeke's Herald
Wit's End
Guinsoo's Rageblade

and wreck **** consistently. It works a lot better when you are playing with people and talking to them on something like skype so you can coordinate the polymorph since random people are likely to be both ignorant of what she does and chicken babies who think polymorph is a chance for them to escape not a free kill.

NavyGothic

10-02-2012

Tanky Lulu has insane survivability, but it relies on her being able to take a pounding before she goes down. As a glass cannon AD carry you're relying solely on kiting; Lulu is decent but not the best.

If you're going to build a non-traditional AD carry, I think you'd be better off with Kennen. Or someone mentioned LeBlanc recently, which might just work (and even if it doesn't work, it would be hilarious).

lbgsloan

10-02-2012

I occasionally see freeweek Lulu's try to go AS (either on-hit or actual ADC build), and it always ends up being useless. AD Sona works because she builds trinity tank, not all-out damage. Tossing in a on-hit item as your final item isn't a horrible plan for Lulu, but as many have said support mages generally only work when they're built fairly tanky. Like tanks they need to stay alive as long as possible to take advantage of their cc advantages, not win by raw damage output.

Full Brain

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
I occasionally see freeweek Lulu's try to go AS (either on-hit or actual ADC build), and it always ends up being useless. AD Sona works because she builds trinity tank, not all-out damage. Tossing in a on-hit item as your final item isn't a horrible plan for Lulu, but as many have said support mages generally only work when they're built fairly tanky. Like tanks they need to stay alive as long as possible to take advantage of their cc advantages, not win by raw damage output.
So your evidence that it doesn't work is that people who have never played her before and haven't worked out a build for her through trial and error are bad with her. That is beyond absurd. Straight AD doesn't make sense but you can play her as an onhit hybrid or the build I posted and you will have a larger impact on the game than with a tanky version of her. There is really no point in even playing her if you are going to be tanky because Taric, Sona, and Janna are all better when played that way.

NavyGothic

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Brain View Post
There is really no point in even playing her if you are going to be tanky because Taric, Sona, and Janna are all better when played that way.
That's really not true. Tanky Lulu is pretty clearly head and shoulders above the other supports.

She's about as tanky as Taric. She deals as much damage as Sona. She has just as much CC as Janna. Picking Lulu basically gets you the best of all three worlds when it comes to tanky supports.

Full Brain

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGothic View Post
That's really not true. Tanky Lulu is pretty clearly head and shoulders above the other supports.

She's about as tanky as Taric. She deals as much damage as Sona. She has just as much CC as Janna. Picking Lulu basically gets you the best of all three worlds when it comes to tanky supports.
Janna is significantly better at defending a point because her self buffs aren't tied to her cc and is just as effective as lulu in a team fight and no she is not as tanky as a guy who can just heal himself over and over and has a stun with very good damage and a lower cooldown than polymorph.

Really the biggest problem with playing her that way is the length of her cooldowns wrecking her damage output and ability to buff/cc. You can't always be protected by a team fight playing her that way ruins her situational viability. I can totally trash champs like Xin and Ezeal one on one with my build and barely lose any effectiveness in a team fight and if you roam or defend a point with a single carry you are basically unstoppable unless they bring 4-5 champs.