Changes to Shaco!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnknownMartian

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPrince View Post
JITB activation time, reduce it by 0.20 sec per level.
Reduce it as in... 90.20 or as in 89.8?

TechPrince

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownMartian View Post
Reduce it as in... 90.20 or as in 89.8?
JITB has 2sec activation time, and low hp on top of it allows enemies to destroy it in mid fight. Reducing the activation time to 1sec (-0.20sec per ability level) will give more chance to use the jitb in mid fight.

UnknownMartian

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPrince View Post
JITB has 2sec activation time, and low hp on top of it allows enemies to destroy it in mid fight. Reducing the activation time to 1sec (-0.20sec per ability level) will give more chance to use the jitb in mid fight.
Oh yes, i see what you mean now! Thank you, going to add it to suggestions!

Octopussii

10-02-2012

I agree with all of this except his shiv should poison a little.

UnknownMartian

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopussii View Post
I agree with all of this except his shiv should poison a little.
Well now that i think of it... It does make sense. It is in the name is it not? And in his skins (don't remember which) it shows poison dripping from his daggers! Heck this could be based on ap ratio! That would increase AP Shaco viability! Adding it, thanks!

Octopussii

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownMartian View Post
Well now that i think of it... It does make sense. It is in the name is it not? And in his skins (don't remember which) it shows poison dripping from his daggers! Heck this could be based on ap ratio! That would increase AP Shaco viability! Adding it, thanks!

Not only that but the description of the ability says, "Shaco's shivs passively poison targets on hit, slowing them and applying a chance to miss minions. He can throw his shivs to deal damage and poison the target."

If you look in shaco's shiv description it says that and it's very misleading because the shiv does not poison at all.

UnknownMartian

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopussii View Post
Not only that but the description of the ability says, "Shaco's shivs passively poison targets on hit, slowing them and applying a chance to miss minions. He can throw his shivs to deal damage and poison the target."

If you look in shaco's shiv description it says that and it's very misleading because the shiv does not poison at all.
Well then, RIOT we need to talk!

Kionashi

10-02-2012

this changes makes perfect sense

UnknownMartian

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kionashi View Post
this changes makes perfect sense
Let's hope RIOT thinks so too!

Mogjin

10-02-2012

I saw the thread name and I paniced, I was expecting suggestions that would alter shaco in a bad way, as he is my favourite champ. But I was pleasantly suprised, I agree with nearly everything you said. AD shaco is fine at the moment, but he is much more viable than AP shaco. The boxes dying so easily late game makes them useless unless you set trap spots up with them, and the clone AI is enraging.

I agree with all your clone suggestions, and I think option C would be best(clone explodes when you die). The amount of times I've died and the clone just stands there like an I don't know what..

The two shiv poison thing however, I'm not so sure I agree on. As AP shaco this skill is already pretty powerful damage wise with it's 1x AP ratio. The poison it inflicts is the slow. To add some sort of DoT poison to it as well would definately break it and would probably also result in a lowered AP ratio on the move, which would basically just end up hurting AP shaco even more.

Also clones DEFINATELY need to appear identical to shaco to the enemy in my opinion. Being able to click the clone and see it has no items, or look for buff indicators is very frustrating. Of course like you said the clone doesn't need to benefit from buffs or anything, just APPEAR to have them. This would allow his ult to be used much more effectively. All in all, great thread, you said many things that I have been thinking myself.