Oracle and Jungle buff indicators in Spectator Mode

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

imhuge

09-30-2012

It would be nice to have Blue/Red/Baron indicators on the side, on the outer edge opposite to ultimates and Summoner spells

For Oracle Elixir, maybe add a pink border or tiny eye over the side icon

Right now you can only see them if you check each champion individually and I think it's important to present this information more readily

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2012

I'm curious why that would be needed. It's an interesting idea and I certainly don't see anything wrong with implementing it - I just don't really see a need for it, either. If you're watching the lanes and fights, you'll see the buffs alot more obviously anyway.

imhuge

09-30-2012

I think it would help casual spectating where you might not be watching/listening the whole time

Baron is obvious but Blue/Red kills don't have a chat callout or anything and buff duration is useful to know as well

Oracles only has notifications for purchase and not loss

JeeFour

10-14-2012

I had the idea of having 4 colored dots arranged in a square. Either by the side champion icons, or on the scoreboard. A pink, purple, red, and blue icon. I was also contemplating Elixir icons, but can't think of good justification.

The justification for the 4 indicators? While spectating a streamed match, when a fight happens, or a steal is attempted, it is hard to QUICKLY determine who has the buff. Also, while the game progresses and you want to figure out if the buff has worn off, or if when the jungler picks up the buff, or passes it off, etc...

To simplify my explanation, it's for keeping the spectators of streamed matches informed of what is going on off camera. And I feel a simple dot on the screen, next to the summoner/champion icon could make a huge impact.

Azorre

12-14-2012

there can be a lot to watch at times, would be a nice quick info reference

Qsario

12-15-2012

I would love to see this info for my team during normal mode, actually.... Yeah, you can click over to everyone, but the new buff icons are weirdly small on some people, etc.

Fizz ln My Mouth

12-27-2012

Would also be nice for having sight rings around champions so you can see how far they can see. Sometimes I'm watching and I'm thinking "Oh snap did they just see Shaco moving to their lane?!" alas, you can't really tell for sure how far the vision is on each player. The only option you have is to turn fog or war on for one side, and lets be honest, you generally want to see where everyone is.