Why won't Riot nerf commonly banned champs?

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lasterus

09-30-2012

I mean, there IS a reason they're commonly banned. Champs like Shen and Malphite are even being banned in tournaments. What's Riot's reasoning behind keeping them in their current state? They clearly need some changes...

Edit: Because in Soloque, there is no "banning because it counters our team comp" It's ALL "Banning because I really don't want to fight this champion(ie OP or Gamebreakingly annoying)"

oddish33

09-30-2012

Malphite needs a nerf just plain and simple. He has been banned in the majority of games the past 4 months so thats your data for you riot. Oh and shen is even worse than malphite...

Edit: Oh and malphite and shen are commonly banned in comp play a lot too which shows if they're banned in comp play as well as solo que a lot then they are most likely OP.

Weral

09-30-2012

Oh anger, what do you do to people..

Downvotes!? It's worse than I thought!

ANGER, YOU CRUEL MISTRESS! RELEASE THESE FURIOUS MADIATORS FROM YOUR CLUTCHES!

Wild Panic

09-30-2012

Well...if we nerf the current banned champs until they're say unviable, other banns will come up and henceforth a downward spiral.

Dante Brimscone

09-30-2012

I think it would make a lot of sense from a tourney standpoint, which they clearly have a lot of interest in. People get tired of seeing the same 15 champs every game. The same 3 ADCs playing with Taric and Sona because Blitz and Ali were banned.

Remember when Dyrus picked Jayce in that touney? The crowd erupted. Because it was different and fun and exciting.

GuiltyGecko

09-30-2012

Because most banned champs actually have a 50% or lower win rate on average.
Examples:
Shen:48%
Alistar:45%
Malph:50%
Blitz:51%
Morg:49%

Edit: Downvote me all you want, but know that numbers don't lie. People's perception of these champs are different than the actually results. Why? That could be for a number of reasons. Even when looking at platnium ranking over a long period of time it shows these champs are plus or minus 2% away from 50%. Again, can't argue with the data.

Hidden Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2012

They have been nerfed - repeatedly. These champs generally have something in their kit that simply is OP or annoying to deal with regardless of how useful the rest of the champ is.

Alistair for example, has been nerfed over and over to the point of barely being able to do damage anymore, but he's still on permaban status and will be as long as he has his amazing CC combos.

As long as Shen has his ultimate, you are subject to his splitpushes. Without changing the ultimate's mechanic outright, there's no way to eliminate this threat that he creates. He could have his other abilities just plain removed and he'd still be banned because he creates the problem of split pushing. As long as he's able to be in 2 places at once, he'll be banned.

Hexer

09-30-2012

No one likes a cockblocker. So they ban Shen.
Malphite because no one wants their favorite tanky DPS AD countered by Malphite's armor stacking.

orc72

09-30-2012

they arent going to nerf or buff anyone majorly until the tournaments are over.

SokZ FrostyCoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2012

Sometimes characters are just annoying like malphite who i find to be really annoying, or in Shen's case he can back door late game then ult in which can be really hard to compensate for/play against. Sometimes its not that a character is OP they just piss a bunch of people off.

12345 ... 9