The TT remake removes a lot of the strategy from the map

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sessorach

10-19-2012

Making the jungle paths much more straightforward, removing a lot of clever juking locations? Check. (I understand they wanted to remove narrow passageways and make champions with blinks/dashes less strong, but they could have done it without turning the jungle into a large open space with a few gaps into lanes)

Removing most of the strategic brush from the jungle into lanes, making every gank pathetically telegraphed? Check. Don't tell me they wanted to make the map less aggressive, everything about it leans that way. You may as well make Summoner's Rift less composition-dependent.

Removing the top jungle just makes it impossible to go for the spider thing without any hint of subtlety. On the current TT you can at least break wards, there's no way to break 'there's only one way to get to spider, and it's super obvious that's what you're doing.'

Seriously, wards are being removed? How does that make gameplay more interesting at all? Especially on a map like TT, where 75g is more of an investment, wards don't unbalance gameplay or ruin anything. Removing wards makes it impossible to track people through the jungle and just dumbs the map down. As soon as an enemy enters the jungle you have to be prepared for somebody flying out of the jungle with the movespeed shrine buff, so everyone has to stand back a bit.

Also, shrines? I like how without wards there will basically be no effective way to defend shrines, so high-mobility champions will just capture shrines back and forth while two 1v1 lanes happen. I do like how difficult and challenging fighting over red buff was, and how they're really dedicated to removing junglers from TT. Why make it nonviable to run someone who strictly jungles? Why was it a priority to make sure that people stuck to lanes?

Overall, I just don't understand the majority of changes to the map. Reworking dragon is good, the objective was too powerful for how easy it was to solo. Redesigning the bases was critical, because turtling and kiting minions into the fountain was a serious problem in terms of optimal strategy. Normalizing which jungle camps spawn was a great idea to ensure jungling consistency; except for the part where they're getting rid of the ability to jungle effectively. New items for the map are awesome, but I don't get why they would remove some existing items - like wards. It makes me so sad because there are a handful of really great changes but then the redesign of the map itself removes a lot of the ability to pull off any tactical positioning or objective securing. Nobody will be able to do spider unless the entire enemy team is dead, because there is no way to set up wards and remove enemy wards to threaten it. In SR you need to have Baron warded or the enemy team can sneak it; why make it different in 3s? Why remove all of the brush that lets you gank lanes? Why remove elements of the map that led to more intricate strategy instead of altering the layout to reward strategic play?

tl;dr Riot is removing opportunities for interesting gameplay and making TT a simpler map (not in a good way).

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

highcomm

10-19-2012

they removed wards thats just ****in stupid