Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Skarner

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeknoWizard

10-03-2012

Quote:
Maleric:
I was referring to a lvl 1 invasion to be more specific. I've seen it happen a couple times, though very rarely. If your team is scattered across the map watching for counter jungling or in their lanes, a full invasion I imagine would be hard to stop.

Grab your laners. Run to their's. In fact, because of an invasion, it can actually BENEFIT you. If you handle the invasion well, and take a commanding position as a leader, your team will rally with you for the rest of the game. Also, it never hurts to have some team mates with CC to help you guard against an invade. I mean, Lux is my favorite mid to have as Skarner. But all this said, it hinges on your team, and how much they help you.

Mambazo

10-03-2012

Quote:
Maleric:
Seems like playing Skarner is begging for an early invasion. How would you plan to counter this and repulse an invasion?

Been having this problem. I play solo queue. And I just bought skarner.

BIG ****ING MISTAKE.

You can't count on your team to protect you for ****. Skarner is super easy to beat pre-6. Even warding my jungle entrances I got countered hard FOUR games in a row, and the other team snowballed to a win. It never ****ing fails.

Don't play skarner if you don't know your team.

Amoc

10-04-2012

Skarner isn't played much at lower Elo's because he can't carry like other junglers. His damage output, especially early game, is aweful and before level 6 his ganks suck. After level 6 and with a few tanky items he turns into a massive beast but you're still going to be relying on your team to kill stuff and that's a crapshoot at low ELO's. It's for that reason that I like to play safer picks like Shyvana, who is stronger early game and does more damage, or Maokai, whose ganks are so epic that only the most incompetent laners will fail to capitalize on them.

MrCdiggity

10-04-2012

I wouldn't say that he sucks pre six at all. In fact, i say he has potential. Ms quints, ms speed masteries, and boots as soon as your philo is built and you got a fast ganker. Brush ganks are a must pre six. In lane brush that is. Blink ganks are good too as well as looping ganks bc of his speed. Remember: his q is a perma slow. Also, he isn't AS blue dependant as you guys make him out to be. I always build regrowth pendant with a pot and get philo asap. Just don't waste your W and mana won't be an issue. Also, i don't bother leveling his sometimes because of his low mana and it doesn't seem to be all that helpful early levels anyways. Only time i get it is if my leash on blue was complete ****.

Jesot

10-04-2012

I've pulled off really nice ganks pre-6. Just takes slightly more communication with the lane

Teshhy

10-04-2012

great champion overall...
amazing counter-jungling
balanced throughout game
great early ganks with his q slow
ulti can be used in sync with shurelias on the carry in teamfights
very tanky with FH
fast movement speed (w)
He's used alot for those reasons, I do not know why you do not see him played.