In need of some advice.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uncle Jellyfish

09-30-2012

I've just saved up 6,300 IP, and am looking into a decent AD champ for TT. I usually play AP champs, Lulu being my main, and my survival instincts kick in whenever I'm in melee range and I run, so a melee champ is likely out of the question. I'd like advice on which AD champ would be best suited for me and still be viable in TT, in order to round out my roster.

Aside from Warwick (who I play mostly as a support/tank, anyways), I've little experience with AD champs. I own Jax, Panth, Trynd, Shyvana, and Wukong, to name a few, but none of them fit my style and I tend to fail horribly with them. I'd like an AD champ that fights like a caster (I've been enjoying a lot of Kha'Zix on the PBE), but I'm not sure who would be viable.

I've narrowed down some choices to Rengar, Kha'Zix, Graves, and Ezreal, but if there are any other suggestions, that'd be great.

Note: I suck with Lee Sin and don't like playing him (energy screws me over more than mana does), so don't suggest him. Darius is alright from what I've played on the free weeks, but I could never seem to do that well with him compared to the enemy Darius.

FearAzrael

09-30-2012

Since you usually play AP I would suggest an ability based AD player. Rengar, Lee Sin, Darius, Khaz'ix, Shyvana.

Uncle Jellyfish

09-30-2012

Lee Sin is out of the question, and I already have Shyvana and don't really like her (she's fun when built AP, though). I need a champ that is both mobile and plays like a caster, which is why I'm thinking Graves or Ezreal, but Varus might work, too. Are there any others (besides Talon)?

fatlifeforlife

09-30-2012

Maybe try Olaf?

Uncle Jellyfish

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlifeforlife View Post
Maybe try Olaf?
I actually forgot about Olaf. It's hard for me to make use of his passive and ulti because I don't like being in melee range, but building tanky and using his short cooldown true damage skill may be effective, especially if I can chain slows with the axe. I'll have to try him out and see.

Any other possible suggestions?

Shadeykris

09-30-2012

As someone else who mostly plays casters, I'll second Darius as pretty fun. Also Garen. My bf has both Rengar and Kha'zix, and they seem like strong choices too (but may not match your play style).

I am thinking of picking up Ezreal for probably the same reason you are... my strengths are kiting/mobility/being at range, and I like skill shot champs because they don't get boring. I have Graves and Varus, and they are both fun.... but still squishy and limited in terms of mobility, compared to all the other people who are going to be dashing/jumping over walls in TT. That's why I'm thinking Ezreal might be a good pick.

Skared

09-30-2012

Hey guys, im Skared

I prefer casters

but not lee sin

his energy messes me up real bad im not sure what his passive does

basically i just want to play someone where i dont have to position correctly or auto attack

thanks!

haha no but really. if you have energy problems with lee sin, its because you dont know how to auto attack. If you dont know how to auto attack, you probably will not succeed with graves or ezreal. you probably play ap because its nice and simple for you and you dont need to worry about all that right-clicking and being in melee range

youre pretty much asking for an AD champion that doesnt need to auto attack and is ranged

that doesnt exist

the closest thing to that would be lee sin because of how he can skirt around a fight instead of commit all at once

Uncle Jellyfish

09-30-2012

Skared, I'll respect the fact that you're a decent TT player, but there's no need for you to make baseless assumptions, and I really don't appreciate the sarcasm. Not once did I mention that I don't like to auto attack. My biggest problem is being within melee range with a champ that isn't a tank. I usually play casters, supports, or tanks, so melee DPS champs that lack a reliable escape will likely result in me feeding unintentionally.

I used to play a lot of Ashe and Urgot, but with the way the TT meta and gamplay is now, I have a hard time playing either unless I'm playing a full premade. Since I predominately play solo-queue, I'd like a champion that I could pick that would help round out a team on those odd days when both of my partners pick AP champs.

Also, it's not just Lee Sin. I can't really play any of the energy based champs.

On another note, for those that mentioned Darius, would it be better to focus my runes and masteries on damage or defense? Most often when I see a Darius, they will build some form of tanky-DPS build, but what sort of pregame arrangements should I make in order to secure a decent early game? Would Darius be preferable over the other champs I listed or that were suggested? I've no interest or experience with jungling, so take that into consideration when replying.

Uncle Jellyfish

09-30-2012

So I've been playing Rengar on the PBE a bit, and he's pretty fun. Was also reminded of a particular champ that I completely forgot about: Jayce. Is he viable (I would assume so), and does he work well with other champs and offer more than just a speed boost?

Friggid

10-01-2012

Talon is ad and plays like a caster, jayce kinda plays that way also, oh and wukong