How do you play ADC?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lastchancexi

10-01-2012

Quote:
Yeah I did see MFs win rate going up...cant explain it aside from just the better chase and faster ultimate must be mostly outside of laning phase. Anyway not sure I would recommend MF for someone learning ADCs.
It's the faster ultimate. It's really noticeable. It's a lot harder to respond to than the old ultimate, which means it catches enemies a lot more than it used to. Also, you can't punish it as aggresively as you used to, meaning that MF can use it a lot of places she didn't use it before due to fear of getting stunned/killed. Seems like a minor change, but let me tell you, there's a big difference. Also, I dunno why, but I find MF pretty damn easy to play. Q harass, press W in teamfights, use ult. Simple.

Ramachese

10-02-2012

I know what you are talking about. Until now my focus has been tank types or sustains with Naut and Yorrick being my two farvorites at the moment. I'm about to his 24 and decided it was time to learn to ADC mid so I started working with Ezreal.

I started by playing against bots and once I had a few good games I went PvP. In my first four games I was destroyed then I discovered the joy of smart casting. My accuracy with Ezs skill shot went way up and I managed my first PvP win with him. I have a long way to go though.

I tend to stay behind creeps and other champs as much as possible. His W is great for this as it only hits enemy champs so you can snipe from behind a wall so to speak. When I want to hit with a Q I dodge out quick then dodge back in. I have a long way to go but even when I've lost my last couple of games I've been happy with my performance.

One important rule - don't stay still. At least in my experience.

TheSnuke

10-02-2012

You forgot one thing... Draven does it all.

Djinn19

10-03-2012

ADC is more about farming than anything else. Have patience. Last hit a lot. Poke if your support sustains you. Stay close enough for gank if your support is a kill setup-artist. In which case kill the other adc first. A lot of this is coordinating with your support. If you don't, last hit farming creeps is the only thing you can really do.

Titus Lowestrum

10-05-2012

So i too am intereasted in adc and i have a problem. I build right, i think, but just dont seems to be getting that omg they all dead now feeling. I main ez in adc and build a ie pd lw then situationals. What am i missing and or doing wrong here?

Skardae

10-05-2012

I find Caitlyn is an easy ADC to pick up, since she wins most lanes due to her long range.
You don't really want to get involved in fights unless your team is winning it or you have at least four items (including boots). Never go in first, and you usually want to have >20-30 BT stacks before you fight. You can come back from any game if you avoid fights with fed enemies and just farm. If they come for you while you are farming, then you'll have to run. Ezreal is good because you can farm a lane anywhere mid-late game using your ult, and it will be ready when you need it because of it's effectively low CD (due to Q).
Other than that, alot of your early game, around level 5-10 will rely on your support, but don't rage at them if you get blitz-pulled and die. It helps no-one, and they're less likely to help you if they dislike you. Tell him to buy wards, and if he doesn't, you'll have to do it yourself. You get a ward for 3-4 CS, so it's not a major setback to buy 2 whenever you go to lane. If the support buys them, even better.
I find ADCs do lots of damage level 1-7 or 8 from their abilities, like Graves, Varus or Cait.
Don't go in front of the caster minions unless you want to kill. Also, some carries can be aggressive early game; Graves can often kill someone as soon as he hits level 6.
Boots and 3 pots works as good starting items for almost anyone, while some can get doran's blades. It's usually good to get 2-3 blades early, and a vamp. scepter can work wonders for sustain.
Try and work out where it is you are doing badly; are you getting focused in teamfights, is the enemy zoning you, do you get killed whenever you move lanes? And defense is always important; a negatron cloak can stop LeBlanc or Veigar killing you on sight, and builds into a BV if you want. Defense>Offence. I say this because if you just lose, and the other guy was on 100hp when he killed you, defense actually gives you more damage because you last twice as long, up to about 100 armour or MR. A negarton cloak or chain vest on it's own will give you plenty of defense.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'm not an expert though, so I may be incorrect on some points

Hopeful Angel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

here i'll give you some pointers i mained Ez and graves for ages. not my specialty but i know how to play it

1. farm farm dont harass unless you need to or know you can win

2. in teamfights scurry around back being mobile and only poking in

3. priorize anyone out of position and punish! if there ap carry(or anyone not a tank) is lurking near the front lines toss a Q and afew autos if your grave ez or cait
p.s just don't get caught in a dang rune prison or stun!

4. to summ it up you're on clean up duty this is the easiest and safest way to play adc in solo que, let your team fight and when everyone gets low go mop them up, dont wait to late though if your team starts losing they'll nuke you down super quick!

5. you can't always help it. don't feel bad, good teams need to protect you and if they don't you have a hugeee target painted on you because of your high damage

6. side bit even with a smart team and all of this sometimes champions like olaf can just bum rush you ignoring everyone, you're going to need to work with your team on that happened to me once we had to have our apc and everyone hyper nuke him then move on to other targets just to keep me safe

good luck i hope this helps just remember adc heavy relies on the team to protect him!

also adc with short auto range like veyne arn't good for people who arn't adc experts, i suggest ez or graves, even a kog if you got good position he has ubber long range and poke only problem is everyone hates kog so your team winds up playing protect the kog because they will look for your head lol