Are there any planned ways to allow us to view our ELO again?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1Q2W3E4R5T6Z7U8I

09-24-2010

Lima Beans. Is there any reason why you removed that feature? It was a really nice one and i liked checking my Elo. It was also a good way to find out how good or how bad matchmaking was in that game. Pls give us a precise answer.

Letkhar

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPixelz View Post
Lima Beans. Is there any reason why you removed that feature? It was a really nice one and i liked checking my Elo. It was also a good way to find out how good or how bad matchmaking was in that game. Pls give us a precise answer.
The answer's pretty obvious. You have ranked games now to tell you your Elo. Normal games shouldn't be ranked.

FlufficusMaximus

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letkhar View Post
The answer's pretty obvious. You have ranked games now to tell you your Elo. Normal games shouldn't be ranked.
Matchmaking rating =/= rank.

hawtfuzz

09-24-2010

Quote:
Problem with ranked is getting out of 1100 for me. (Was at one point 1500 in unranked)
While commenting on someone's thread asking if they were "good" a red stipulated that ranked ELO is generally a couple hundred points lower than normal ELO because of the increase in competition and general "tryhard" attitude.

Lyov

09-24-2010

lost respect for you lima beans

hyliandanny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by irtrav View Post
Well, yes, it would serve no further purpose apart from amusement. It's just a number (nice to know where you fall in the scheme of things).

Problem with ranked is getting out of 1100 for me. (Was at one point 1500 in unranked)
Its absence does serve a purpose, though. Since its presence allows you to evaluate where you stand relative to other players, players can draw a sense of accomplishment or competition in a queue that is intended to be a fun, somewhat random-encounter environment.

Think of the other characteristics that define Normal games, such as the lack of limitation on premade formations. The importance of this (as deemed by Riot Games) manifests in the ranked queues, where there is a queue for duo players and full-premade players.

It's meant to be a rating-less system. I wouldn't blame Riot if they tried to make it a haven for non-competitive people. A revealed rating threatens that.

-Danny
... and the Duo Queue destroys gameplay enjoyment enough as it is

Verche

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2010

It's probably because people will complain, "Omg my normal Elo is 1900, but my ranked is 900 QQ" If you care about your Elo play ranked, because that's what it's there for. If you do not care about your Elo then play normal or practice games.

Viro Melchior

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyov View Post
lost respect for you lima beans
Lima has now learned to always make an Intern post bad news replies on the forum :P

FlufficusMaximus

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawtfuzz View Post
While commenting on someone's thread asking if they were "good" a red stipulated that ranked ELO is generally a couple hundred points lower than normal ELO because of the increase in competition and general "tryhard" attitude.
Never saw that, thanks.

Quote:
Its absence does serve a purpose, though. Since its presence allows you to evaluate where you stand relative to other players, players can draw a sense of accomplishment or competition in a queue that is intended to be a fun, somewhat random-encounter environment.

Think of the other characteristics that define Normal games, such as the lack of limitation on premade formations. The importance of this (as deemed by Riot Games) manifests in the ranked queues, where there is a queue for duo players and full-premade players.

It's meant to be a rating-less system. I wouldn't blame Riot if they tried to make it a haven for non-competitive people. A revealed rating threatens that.

-Danny
... and the Duo Queue destroys gameplay enjoyment enough as it is
But what point is there in evaluating where you stand to your peers if you don't know where they stand either? One could argue the same for solo ranked (fun, somewhat random encounter), but yet the rating exists there.

If it's a rating-less system, there would be no unranked ELO ratings, which would be an end to the matchmaking system, which would be more whining. The numbers there, it simply got removed from logs. That's all I (personally) want back. Just the option for those who wish to, to be able to see their own personal rating.

Dracius

Adjudicator

09-24-2010

Downvote the messenger!

*RABBLERABBLERABBLE*