Losing 3 times more LP than u win.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrOBD

04-07-2013

Im in silver I. Trying to go up to gold. Im around 80-90 points all the time, looks like the ranking system works like this:

if u are close to go up in league, U WIN LESSSSSSSS POINTS. Im wining around 3 - 5 points per win game. I was at 95 points 10 mins ago. I lost a game, i thought i was going to lose 3 - 5 points, thats what i get in every game. Im wining 3 points per game, BUT NO! i LOST 9 POINTS!. That means i lose 3 times more points per a lose than i win per game. I have to win 3 more games now to get where i was before losing that match... That means i have to win 6 games in a row to get to promotion. Wich isnt easy at all... Can some1 answer me why this system is so stupid? Ive been stuck in silver 1 for like 3 weeks. Its insanily hard to go up with this losing and wining points system...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mich567

04-07-2013

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY NEEEEEEED A STICKY FOR THISSSSSSSSSSSS AND EVERY OTHE QQ PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, just need to vent my frustration. It's nobody's fault really... we just really need a sticky. Or for someone to make a useful thread that actually gets bumped.
Ok, first of all, this usually happens where you are... when you're about to go up to a new division, like Silver or Gold. Elo still exists... it's just hidden, and it's actually MMR, or Matchmaking Rating. Your matchmaking rating, or something like it can be found on lolking.net if you search yourself. It determines your LP +/-, and changes based on the MMRs of the people you play. The system isn't stupid, like everyone thinks. It's perfectly reasonable, and your MMR is probably significantly lower than the system wants it to be. Common sense... since you can't lose a division (Gold, Silver, etc...) once you reach it, the system is making reaching the division hard to get. If it was easy, and all LP gains were equal, then technically the system would have to match up all the players with the exact same MMR, which is difficult, to be fair.