League crashing whole computer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drakorath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

For me, the image freezes and the audio that played during the last second loops until I have to turn off my computer. It occasionally blue screens, but I usually have to turn it off myself. I know the graphics card is the problem, but there are no overheating problems (I checked) and this does not ever happen for other games, even games that have much higher graphics card demands.

KyraoLoL

01-09-2013

Aregionius,

(disclaimer: this is my 3rd time writing this because my token had expired... so it might seem rushed)

At some point during the match, sometimes during an important engagement, other times while we're just farming creeps, (haven't found a single common factor so far) the screen instantly goes black followed a second or two later by looping audio (starts as ~1 sec loop, goes down to split second looping).

I run a 3 year old gateway laptop. P8900 duo core 2.4GHz processor, 4GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce 9800M GTS gpu.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since I'm currently too scared to play for fear of getting perma-banned for "leaving" games.

Thanks!

KyraoLoL

01-09-2013

I just double checked my gpu drivers and realized that I'm a bit out of date since I did a clean install of Windows 7 recently. I'm updating now and will let you know the verdict in an hour or so.

Wish me luck!

KyraoLoL

01-09-2013

Nope, happened again 1st game back. I dc'd 1 level ahead, came back 3 levels behind. Almost Unplayable, especially if I'm gonna get banned.

Also, if anyone can answer a quick question: Do I get banned based on how many times I dc or if I come back in time for the end of the game does that not count as a dc?

ZeldaKick

01-09-2013

As for being banned, if you leave constantly and the percentage of left games is at a certain point of games you've played in total, Leaver Buster will kick in and ban you. The percentage is left unknown (to my knowledge) because they want to prevent you from planning around it. Banned Time: 1hr - 7 days.

The other way of being banned is if you're reported 5-6 times and sent to tribunal (1-4 times depending if you've been banned before.) Very rarely are cases like these actually banned, unless you are being toxic. Just explain to your team when it happens and ask what they would prefer, keeping in mind that you could be feeding when d/cing, if you don't get back to base first. Tribunal Ban: 24hrs - Perma ban.

ANYWAY - this sounds like Adobe Air needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled. Also, wouldn't hurt to update your Direct X and Drivers. After doing this, you'll have to uninstall ALL of LoL and then reinstall.

I had the same problem and fixed it this way.

KyraoLoL

01-09-2013

I tried the whole uninstall/reinstall, but I had the same thing happen again. I updated everything I could think of (although I believe Adobe Air is for mobile devices).

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

01-09-2013

Definitely make sure you play in custom games to avoid LeaverBuster for right now. They're not regulated by LeaverBuster so you can test without having to worry about getting banned.

Let me look into the specific symptoms

Also if you can attach in-game logs from a game where this happened, that would be helpful.

http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...f-legends-logs

KyraoLoL

01-09-2013

Here is the log from earlier this morning after I reinstalled it. I didn't go back to reconnect since we were about to win, so it contains only one crash at the end.

Thanks so much for your help Aregionius!

Edit: Also including a direct X dialog.

KyraoLoL

01-09-2013

Here are two more, the first one led to a crash, the second is after I rebooted and reconnected.

Shajinx

01-09-2013

Guys, I have been getting the same crashing issue for the last week or so. I was scouring the forums and it seemed like everyone was having the same problem so I looked into what might be causing this to happen. Sometimes my LoL client would close in the middle of a game or even while I was spectating and the BugSplat window would pop up. Most of the time though, unfortunately, my game would freeze up and it would play the last sound in a loop, over and over. I had to manually restart my computer to fix the problem. So anyway, I searched on google and found out that the version of Adobe AIR that comes with LoL was really outdated and then I found this thread here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2842455
which shows you how to update your Adobe AIR and bring it up to date.

I've specced two games and played a game and haven't crashed thus far, so here's hoping that updating Adobe AIR resolved this crashing issue for me, and for the rest of you as well. I hope this helps, so let me know if it helps any of you. Cheers.