League crashing whole computer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

10-04-2012

Seath - Hard crashes like this are almost always a hardware or driver issue. A good place to start, as Bale mentioned, is by checking your temperatures to see if any component is overheating.

Bale - If you want to test out fixes, your best bet is to stick to custom games while you figure this out. Custom games are not regulated by Leaverbuster and will help you avoid a ban.

Devilldogg

11-13-2012

I have the same problem, and I think it does have something to do with League, because it only happens when I play league. Played Skyrim (several mods enabled, graphics all the way up) and had no issues. Played WoW, no issues. I only have this issue when it comes to League. I've checked most of the hardware components that could possibly be the cause. Checked memory with Memtest, checked power supply. No issues with board, ram, gpu, cpu, hdd, ps, or fans. Temps are stable and normal. I also checked drivers for audio and sound. Tried a fresh install of league. I've read of a few other similar cases, and the set-ups were totally different. Im running Vista 64 bit Sp2.
DxDiag attached. I use skype/pandora regularly with this game. Going to try random stuff like mouse drivers, and maybe different headset. Kind of a long shot, but I'm pretty frustrated. This happens to me usually once per game. I've checked windows logs and League logs, but to no avail. I know that there are more cases out there, though. I'm wondering if my pc just crashes instead of bugsplatting, too.

Here is one of the other cases I mentioned, and pretty much the process I used to check my pc.
Link:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/11...domly-crashing

Edit:
Also, using a Razer Naga, Turtle Beach headset, and an old Zboard keyboard. (lol)

IS1115323f946bfe

01-01-2013

Still no work

Drakorath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

I'm having the same problem, so bump! My laptop has been crashing during LoL about once a week for the past few months, and it ONLY crashes during LoL.

My specs: Intel Core i7-2720QM @2.2GHz, 16GB ram, Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), Nvidia GeForce GTX 485M (2 GB vid ram), and plenty of free hard drive space. I cannot think of a reason that League would crash my computer. It can handle games like Crysis 2, Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, Borderlands 2, Witcher 2, etc on the highest graphics settings without any problems.

KyraoLoL

01-07-2013

I'm having the same problem, only with league. The screen just randomly goes black and the sound starts looping a few seconds later. It happens on average 1-2 times every other game. I just got done with my first 24 hr ban, and I don't know what to do to resolve the problem.

I initially thought it was a heating issue, but my laptop doesn't feel hot at all, so I find it very unlikely that it's overheating. Would love to hear from Riot on this...

pat5797

01-07-2013

This I have to bump because I have tried everything. Ive updated my drivers, anything that works with lol like adobe air and pando media booster and lol itself.

Tried repairing on all of the servers and tried uninstalling deleting everything to do with lol. reinstalling and on each different type of server as well just to try and not get that black screen.

I seem to crash quicker if im on twisted treeline than on summerners rift as well. The worst part is that 1 of the days something poped up to ask if i wanted to allow it access and i said yes and lol worked for a few days (this was a couple days ago). But now it wont work and my windows firewall and my norton firewall say they have allowe both pando media booster, lol, and adobia air.

Like others the have commented I can play basically any other game on my computer without this happening. I went as far as seeing if dota would do the same thing but it didnt and i dont want to play dota because i dont like it.

Please can someone try to help. I can post a log tommorow if need be.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

01-07-2013

It's basically impossible for League to be the specific cause of your computer crash.

A Hard reset where your computer shuts off or restarts for no apparent reason is almost always hardware related.

The best place to start, especially on laptops is to due a temperature check. If you're ok there, you may also want to look into the Windows Error Reporting Log and see if anything came up just before the crash.

KyraoLoL

01-07-2013

My computer is not shutting down. The screen goes black and a few seconds later the audio starts looping.

I end up having to manually reboot it.

This does not happen in any other game, like Dota 2 for instance. It only happens with LoL.

Tripwire78

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

Yeah, I've been having some major issues too. I had to re-boot my computer to get it to work right again. It's been like this for a few days now. Today I got a MAJOR disconnect problem. When I tried to reconnect it stayed on the attempting screen forever. Finally it said that I was disconnected from PVP.net and I had to CTRL-ALT-DEL to shut down LoL. When I tried to bring LoL back up, it said that the server did not exist. Then when I finally got LoL up, I had to "update" then it said server was busy. WTF Riot, you program is trolling the **** outta me!

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

01-08-2013

Kyra,

Can you be more specific about exactly what happens and when?