LoL VS Dota2

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rivayne

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDiddy View Post
I feel lulu is the closest we have to invoker, maybe karma.
Ah true I forgot about Lulu

PDiddy

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensorii View Post
I'm more of a PA, Enchantress and a Ancient Apparition player anyway. ;P
Lol, I was just sayin Invoker mains just spam EMP/Tornado anyway

Slarg232

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0tat0pancakes View Post
You're actually saying SK's not incredibly generic and easy to play?

All you need is a Q key, a right mouse button, and an Armlet button to wreck face.
You go right ahead and press that Q key, I'll wait till your out of Mana and then kill you.

Velrex

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slarg232 View Post
Skeleton King: One Active spammable stun that costs as much as his ressurection skill. Do I stun or come back to life?

Bane: How is someone with the three best single target disables in the game boring?

Lina: Lina is fully capable of carrying her team with her passive, no other Mage can do that the same way as her.

Sven: Sven is supposed to be generic :P

Anti-Mage: How is he generic? He's a guy who hates mages, and LoL doesn't even have Mana Burn :P

Drow Ranger: You do realize that Ashe is a kit bash of Drow and Mirana, right?

Dragon Knight: Captures being a dragonoid much better than Shyvanna, honestly...

Slardar: How is a Fishman who has to choose between speed or tankability on the fly generic?

Bounty Hunter: He's a one hit wonder, not too bad.

Mortred: Wait, what? How is a character who can one shot the ENTIRE TEAM generic?
A good Skeleton king will not be out of mana, simple as that. Having a single active skill is just boring overall.

Bane: They're all just simple, not too exciting spells except for his sleep spell. The strength of them does not matter in how exciting they are.

Lina is boring because she does nothing unique, except for a lot of damage. That's all she is, someone who has a full damage kit, similar to Annie.

Anti-mage has 2 active skills, one of em being a generic blink skill, and while I do like that mana-burn works so well with his ultimate, he isnt all that "out there" to be honest.

Yeah, Ashe is Mirana and Drow ranger combined, and I actually really like Mirana. Drow Ranger though is just... literally right click, her silence being the most engaging ability she has.

Dragon Knight is just so simple though. He has an Aoe damage nuke, a Melee(or ranged if you're a dragon) stun, and can turn himself into a ranged person, and a regeneration ability. When I play him, he doesnt feel like a rampaging dragon like Shyvana does. When Shyvana is in a fight, she's setting everything on fire, she soars in, she sticks to her target and is hard to peel off with her W on. Dragon knight basically goes from a tank melee person to a Tank Ranged with various auto attack benefits.

Slardar is literally just an auto attacker, who excels at sticking to his target and making extremely hard to run away. This is something so many heroes in Dota have(Bounty hunter, Bloodseeker, clockwork, N'aix, Lycan, Spirit Breaker, Troll Warlord, I'm sure i'm missing a lot), and he just doesn't do it in a particularly special or engaging way.

Mortred is probably one of the most generic concepts of an assassin in this game, though I do blame that on how old her design is. She has a ranged slow-poke skill, a insta-gap closer, insane crit, and an evasion ability. Sure it's effective, but that doesnt make it anymore unique or special. At least someone like Riki adds a lot of engaging play to it. His stealth, his backstab, and his smokescreen are very fun and defining. The only thing you really remember about Mortred is that she hits really hard and you'll only see her shadow half the time.

IS1f725087a5fe8d

09-29-2012

hue

Clerigon

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imclueless View Post
You're talking about Invoker.

The guy that originally MADE Invoker works for Riot (Guinsoo). He's posted about him on these forums before, essentially saying that Invoker is a terrible design, because he is complexity for the sake of complexity, and that Riot won't make anything like it.

You may be able to find the posts if you look.
Invoker guinsoo was hella broken, dont compare icefrog invoker to guinsoo invoker plx.

Gallant Spike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Beard of Cats View Post
If he's pumping points into Quas/STR, he loses out on the damage of Exort. Unless he's going for the "I'm a Nooblord" EMP > Tornado build that destroys pubs because they have no idea how to react to it.
Damage isn't everything in a game like Dota. QW Invoker is actually the best build for your team if you lack good initiation since tornado has a huge range, EMP can drain mana very quickly, and deafening blast will have a long disarm time in addition to the knock-back.

However the most common build I see in pubs is QE invokers who have no escape because they forgot to take a point in W early for ghost walk. Case and point: If you can't adjust the tiny AoE of sun strike to hit a moving target without having to measure it out first, then you shouldn't ****ing play invoker that way.

FrostRevenant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyL3tscher View Post
Invoker so stronk if you know what you're doing
they keep saying its balanced but invoker is blatantly OP the only reason why hes not nerfed is that hardlly anyone can play him to his max potential.

TenseiSan

09-29-2012

Invoker had an 0.48 win ratio in The International 2 which had players such as iG.Ferrari_430 (who can certainly play him to his max potential). Dota is balanced around competitive play, so in that sense Invoker is a perfectly balanced hero.

aCrAzYmAnWAlking

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prenn View Post
Theyre two completely separate games. League is actually more balanced, regardless of what people say. This is coming from and X hon / dota and current dota 2 player. Where dota 2 has more emphasis on you being able to carry yourself with 4 other people who just play a roll on your team, league emphasizes team play and map control... you will grasp some concepts of league better then dota, and the other way around.

And to be honest whichever concepts you actually understand will probably determine what game you like more.

For example, in every game you have 1 dude in the jungle fighting creeps in lala land, meanwhile attempts to gank top with X person every 5 minutes, youre meant for Dota. The AD carry farming bot while everyone else is going after dragon, youre meant for Dota. The 3 other people attempting to put preasure on read buff because they know its spawn timer is almost up, youre meant for League. Its not that hard to figure out.
I both agree and disagree with your comment. I disagree with the first part. Dota heroes have high damage nukes (270-400 at max lvl which can be achieved in hero lvl 7 if you get a point in lvl 1 and max it asap) but they don't scale late game (only a few abilities scale). LoL has lower damage nukes but they scale well late game (most of them, some others don't scale well). I personally find Dota 2 a balanced game, but in a different way than LoL. You can only understand that if you have played it and know everything about the game. Ofc, there are some heroes who are OP/UP. They get nerfs/buffs. But balance isn't only heroes not being op. It's also heroes not being UP. Dota doesn't get updated twice a month (unless some heroes from DotA are tranfered, where there are also some small balance changes), but in return every time a new version comes out the game refreshes completely. Almost all heroes and items (!) receive remakes/buffs/nerfs which forces other heroes to be played, or the same played with a different skill/item build. New heroes and items (I mean completely new heroes, not heroes transered from DotA) are also released which is normal. In the other hand, while Riot is nerfing OP-on-release-champions, and some more older OPs, there are still a lot of champs who aren't even touched in games, totally underplayed, but it takes a long time to see them getting reworked/buffed. Plus Riot nerfs w/e gets out of the meta in tournaments and w/e is popular at the time, resulting in even less champs being played competetively and normally.

Anyway, I will agree with the second part of your post. If someone likes farming the hell out of his jungle and lanes while his team is dying or trying to support him, then he should play Dota. If he likes to gank 1 person with his whole team, he should play Dota. I will just add, that hard carries are the ones that need tons of farm in order to be effective. There are also normal and semi-carries who need farm in order to be effective, but not as much as hard carries, due to them having stronger abilities or different play styles. These two types usually mix farming and ganking in order to creat a "harmony" between them and lead their team to victory