LoL VS Dota2

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rivayne

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessChen View Post
Then why did they make Syndra? o.o
Hell even Jayce compares better to Invoker than Syndra does. Syndra isn't complex, just has a high skillcap.

TL;DR: High skillcap =/= Complex

Von Nicklesnout

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropics View Post
I don't like playing against Invoker, having 3 instances of Quas active makes it basically impossible to kill him if you aren't spamming your skills (which you can't do in Dota).
If he's pumping points into Quas/STR, he loses out on the damage of Exort. Unless he's going for the "I'm a Nooblord" EMP > Tornado build that destroys pubs because they have no idea how to react to it.

Slarg232

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velrex View Post
Iunno why people act like every champion in Dota is so unique. They do have some amazingly unique ones(Meepo, Invoker) but some of them are just so darn simple/outdated design-wise or have just plain boring kits.

Skeleton king, Bane, Lina, Sven, Anti-mage, Drow Ranger(One of the biggest offenders here), Dragon Knight, Slardar, Bounty hunter, Mortred, and i'm sure I'm missing a ton of em.
I just want to say that while League does limit themselves with a lot of creative possibility due to what can and can't work with the game, they make up for it with a lot of creativity of their own, and no damn "3 passive, one active" champions.
Skeleton King: One Active spammable stun that costs as much as his ressurection skill. Do I stun or come back to life?

Bane: How is someone with the three best single target disables in the game boring?

Lina: Lina is fully capable of carrying her team with her passive, no other Mage can do that the same way as her.

Sven: Sven is supposed to be generic :P

Anti-Mage: How is he generic? He's a guy who hates mages, and LoL doesn't even have Mana Burn :P

Drow Ranger: You do realize that Ashe is a kit bash of Drow and Mirana, right?

Dragon Knight: Captures being a dragonoid much better than Shyvanna, honestly...

Slardar: How is a Fishman who has to choose between speed or tankability on the fly generic?

Bounty Hunter: He's a one hit wonder, not too bad.

Mortred: Wait, what? How is a character who can one shot the ENTIRE TEAM generic?

Sensorii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyL3tscher View Post
Invoker so stronk if you know what you're doing
Indeed. I got wrecked by one my first few games. He was a monster.

For the first few games I played him I had my laptop open next to me and I was constantly glancing back and forth for what each spell did and the combination to get it. Found myself spamming Tornado and EMP though.

PDiddy

09-29-2012

scumbag op invoker. Thank Guinsoo for that one.

PDiddy

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensorii View Post
Indeed. I got wrecked by one my first game. He was a monster.

For the first few games I played him I had my laptop open next to me and I was constantly glancing back and forth for what each spell did and the combination to get it. Found myself spamming Tornado and EMP though.
Spoken Like a true invoker player.

p0tat0pancakes

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slarg232 View Post
Skeleton King: One Active spammable stun that costs as much as his ressurection skill. Do I stun or come back to life?
You're actually saying SK's not incredibly generic and easy to play?

All you need is a Q key, a right mouse button, and an Armlet button to wreck face.

PDiddy

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by capttree View Post
Hell even Jayce compares better to Invoker than Syndra does. Syndra isn't complex, just has a high skillcap.

TL;DR: High skillcap =/= Complex
I feel lulu is the closest we have to invoker, maybe karma.

PDiddy

09-29-2012

[QUOTE=p0tat0pancakes;29730721]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slarg232 View Post
QUOTE]

You're actually saying SK's not incredibly generic and easy to play?

All you need is a Q key, a right mouse button, and an Armlet button to wreck face.
Have you met the undieing?

Sensorii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDiddy View Post
Spoken Like a true invoker player.

I'm more of a PA, Enchantress and a Ancient Apparition player anyway. ;P