Shaco -HELP!! Please.. :)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jayj2161

09-30-2012

OK thanks chaser for the build, will try it next with Jax.

I just played a game with shaco and got 6/6/3 i think.. not o sure about the assists. I got my main kills in early-mid game after I jungled and bought razors.. that's when later on I stared to fal of a bit. I am not to sure what items I hould use with him. So far my basic concept for build is: cloth armour, few hp potions - jungle - razors then I don't exactly have too much idea what to get next. Do go hp? AP? AD? AS? That's wat I am having trouble with I think mainly.

chaser676

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayj2161 View Post
OK thanks chaser for the build, will try it next with Jax.

I just played a game with shaco and got 6/6/3 i think.. not o sure about the assists. I got my main kills in early-mid game after I jungled and bought razors.. that's when later on I stared to fal of a bit. I am not to sure what items I hould use with him. So far my basic concept for build is: cloth armour, few hp potions - jungle - razors then I don't exactly have too much idea what to get next. Do go hp? AP? AD? AS? That's wat I am having trouble with I think mainly.
lolking.net is the best way to keep up with your stats, regularly reviewing yourself is a fast way to improve.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/23129076#history

Yes, you did go 6/6/3. So, here, it looks like you couldn't decide what to build. You build razor, but never upgraded it into wriggles (you should, lifesteal and a free ward every 3 minutes is great). You then went straight into a wits end (not my first choice, but not bad). Your boots were a good purchase, you need to roam and gank A LOT early game. Here's where you broke down- your next item was a zhonyas and then a bf sword. Shaco, because he scales off of bonus ad instead of total ad, isn't a very good hybrid champion. It's usually good to decide what damage path you want to go and stick with that. While both AD and AP are viable, you need to make sure you stick with just one. Word of warning; AP shaco takes a ton of skill.

Here's a decent build- don't follow it blindly, but it should be an improvement

Boots of Mobility
Wriggles Lantern
Phage
Wits End
Upgrade phage into frozen mallet

At this point, you're getting into late game. Your decisions from here on out should be entirely directed at how the enemy team is doing.

Is their main damage source magic?
Maw of Malmortius
Guardian Angel

Main source of damage is AD? (eh, I honestly hate this build since the atmas nerf)
Atmas
Warmogs

Is your team crushing?
Bloodthirster
Guardian Angel

Are you getting crushed?
Banshee's Veil
Guardian Angel

Edit-

More Shaco tips.

In teamfights, you can deceive into the enemy mass and place a jack in the box down for a mass fear; this is a rather large aoe cc that can definitely turn the tide of a fight to your favor. Watch out, you can get focused down fast though, that's half the reason you want to go tanky.

Also, you can use your ult to dodge certain abilites that are locked on. If you time it right, you can ult right before Karthus and Caitlyn's ult hit to dodge it.

jayj2161

09-30-2012

Ok thanks for the website and the build/analysis of my game. I just didn't know what to do, mainly because I had soo much gold on my hands (about 3.5k) and was unsure about whether to go AD or AP so I sought I stayed in the middle... Do you suggest that I go AD more, insead of AP?

JAX!! I actually did really well with him. For my last two games, following your build direction I got 7/2/2 and 5/2/15 (Ashe and Teemostole like half of y kills lol) .. Jax is thee man!

jayj2161

09-30-2012

Also.. my brother is a noob like me and needs help with the character Darius. His name is oldblackpedoxd (originally his friend's acct, lol at the name) .. Can you take a look and offer some help here too so I can tell him and help him. Including build as well please..

Thanks in advance.

chaser676

09-30-2012

Good, I'm glad you're going with jax.

As far as going ad/AP for champions, its a little comical that you've stumbled upon the one champion the game that builds hybrid (jax, and nobody dare come in here and say akali
..) and one of the highest skillcap and hardest to build properly champ.

As a rule of thumb (exclude Jax here, and just a small handfull of other cases) most champions build straight AP or straight ad because of the multipliers associated with them. For ad, these are crit, attack speed, total and bonus ad, and armor penetration. For AP, it's total and bonus AP, and mr penetration. Simple math shows that spreading gold into several multipliers is more efficient than just one. This means going hybrid doesn't halve your damage and then multiply it by 2 to be just as effective as pure ad or AP, it actually quadratically lowers your damage, and multiplies it by a number between 1 and 2 to reach damage much lower than a pure build. Also, pi is pretty cool.

wHiSkErTeMx73744

09-30-2012

I've played Shaco ever since I saved enough money to buy him (he was one of the first champions that I bought). So I've been playing him for over 15 levels now. I guess I could give you a few tips.

All of those people who say you can't play Shaco at low levels are whack. Jungle shaco is viable even at a low level of 7 or so. It's just that you REALLY have to know what you're doing.

Start with AD Shaco for suree. AP shaco is hard to wrap your head around, and focuses more on outwitting your opponent and abusing your skills. AD Shaco is relatively straightforward.

For Shaco in general, you will want to jungle. Why? Because Shaco's biggest strength is the element of surprise, and if you're in a lane, well... you just lost it.

Here's the guide that I used to learn how to play Shaco. It really works. I've carried countless teams like this. http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...co-build-guide

The build is very open in the guide, so you may be confused. It's fine. You seriously have a very wide variety of viable options for building Shaco.

I would recommend starting with 1 Long Sword + 1 Health Pot, then build Madred's Razor, and then Wriggles' Lantern and Berserker's Greaves. Once you have those, start building a Triforce (Sheen is too good to pass up, so get sheen first, then go with your preference with either Phage or Zeal). After that, go with whatever the hell you please. Need more attack speed to kill minions faster? Phantom Dancer or Wit's End or Ionic Spark. More damage? Infinity Edge or Bloodthirster. Keep dying? Try a Guardian Angel. At your level it really does not matter. Have some fun trying different Items. It's a great way to get settled into the game.

chaser676

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHiSkErTeMx73744 View Post
I've played Shaco ever since I saved enough money to buy him (he was one of the first champions that I bought). So I've been playing him for over 15 levels now. I guess I could give you a few tips.

All of those people who say you can't play Shaco at low levels are whack. Jungle shaco is viable even at a low level of 7 or so. It's just that you REALLY have to know what you're doing.

Start with AD Shaco for suree. AP shaco is hard to wrap your head around, and focuses more on outwitting your opponent and abusing your skills. AD Shaco is relatively straightforward.

For Shaco in general, you will want to jungle. Why? Because Shaco's biggest strength is the element of surprise, and if you're in a lane, well... you just lost it.

Here's the guide that I used to learn how to play Shaco. It really works. I've carried countless teams like this. http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...co-build-guide

The build is very open in the guide, so you may be confused. It's fine. You seriously have a very wide variety of viable options for building Shaco.

I would recommend starting with 1 Long Sword + 1 Health Pot, then build Madred's Razor, and then Wriggles' Lantern and Berserker's Greaves. Once you have those, start building a Triforce (Sheen is too good to pass up, so get sheen first, then go with your preference with either Phage or Zeal). After that, go with whatever the hell you please. Need more attack speed to kill minions faster? Phantom Dancer or Wit's End or Ionic Spark. More damage? Infinity Edge or Bloodthirster. Keep dying? Try a Guardian Angel. At your level it really does not matter. Have some fun trying different Items. It's a great way to get settled into the game.
I would caution you not to listen to this summoner. He is level 23, and his build (not only on shaco, but on other champs as well) is questionable at best. Starting a long sword/potion will not only severely hamper your first clear, it will also lower the chances of a level 2 gank successfully working. While a sheen isn't an awful choice, turning it into a trinity force is really not a very good idea. Shaco will be jungling 99% of the time, and he most likely will not have the gold after boots of mobility (NOT beserker greaves, shaco is all about getting across the map in a hurry, not attack speed) and wriggles to reach trinity force in a timely manner. It will be late game by the time you finish it, at which point trinity force begins to fall off.

jayj2161

09-30-2012

Thank for the advice on Shaco to just go pure.. I have yet to try it out since I have fallen in love with Jax.. well not literallyof course! lol... I just got 15/9/16 game with him.. and during mid-late game both tems pushed the middle lane and at times I was stuck 1v4.. obviously I died but I wa able to severely wken the four, often killing 2 or 3 of them before dying So yeah, I was happy.. more than happy, with that . I think I will give shaco a shot now.. pure AD

Boots of Mobility
Wriggles Lantern
Phage
Wits End

^^Using that as a basis. Thanks Chaser for that

chaser676

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayj2161 View Post
Thank for the advice on Shaco to just go pure.. I have yet to try it out since I have fallen in love with Jax.. well not literallyof course! lol... I just got 15/9/16 game with him.. and during mid-late game both tems pushed the middle lane and at times I was stuck 1v4.. obviously I died but I wa able to severely wken the four, often killing 2 or 3 of them before dying :) So yeah, I was happy.. more than happy, with that :). I think I will give shaco a shot now.. pure AD

Boots of Mobility
Wriggles Lantern
Phage
Wits End

^^Using that as a basis. Thanks Chaser for that :D
This isn't a "pure ad" build, its a tanky ad build. When I was saying pure earlier, I meant don't build AP and AD at the same time.

jayj2161

10-01-2012

WORST PLAY EVER!! I COMPLETELY FAILED WITH SHACO @@ o.o .. Staying with the Grandmaster now.