Shaco -HELP!! Please.. :)

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jayj2161

Junior Member

09-28-2012

Okay, first of all, like the forum suggests, I am simply a noob. No negs please...

I have only been playing for a couple of days.. I made this acct aes ago andnever really played though.. but I have come back ... I have recently purchased a character purely on its quirkiness and fun I can have with it. As the title suggests that character is Shaco. That's the problem. I don't understand how to use him.. especially against bots or in 3v3 PVP.. but more so bots as I regularly play that (Summoner's Rift - 5v5).

Could someone (ideally a Shaco regular) explain how I use Shaco to his ful potential in PVP but more imprtantly in Co-op vs AI as mentioned above.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehomCD

Senior Member

09-29-2012

I'd recommend guides on solomid.net or lolpro.com, though almost all of them will focus on Shaco as a jungler; at low levels, that probably won't be very viable for you without runes/masteries. In pvp while laning, you'll probably focus mostly on popping out of the lane bush, poking someone with shiv, then popping back in, and having jack in the boxes waiting there if they follow. If they follow in, you kill 'em while they're feared. Whenever possible, you want to attack people from behind to get your backstab bonus.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chaser676

Senior Member

09-29-2012

Shaco isnt really a champ you play till you're 30, you need a full rune page and 30 mastery points. He's pretty bad in lane, and a pretty decent disrupting jungler. I agree, do your primary research on solomid. One advanced tip I can give is that if you deceive outside of the range reticule, Shaco will make a sound, which alerts the enemy to your presence. Deceiving inside the reticule will not produce the sound.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jayj2161

Junior Member

09-29-2012

Thanks for that Tehom.. I have learned to become more patient and am rarely dying in PvP.. I actually do pretty well in PvP but only on Twisted Treeline Map 3v3... I tried that in bot mode but, even though I die very litle I barely get any kills..

And chaser.. thanks for that tip I did not know that at all... Hmm.. so I shouldn't play Shaco that much? I recent champ I have purchased.. which was last night, and which I did not get a chance to try him out is Jax. Would he be better? My friend recommended him... Any tips?

Thanks for your help


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

d4shes

Junior Member

09-29-2012

If you're playing Shaco before level 30, you're not going to be able to play him as a ganky sneaky type. You'll have to build him a little tanky. I like the 'Trinity MK II' on Shaco for laning (EXPENSIVE BUILD) - Frozen Mallet, Phantom Dancer, Lich Bane, in that order. You'll have to use your skills for fights that you initiate - Jack in the Box becomes a delayed fear CC, deceive becomes a burst damage/re-positioning tool, throw the shiv when they start to run, and use your ult if you need extra help.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chaser676

Senior Member

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayj2161 View Post
Thanks for that Tehom.. I have learned to become more patient and am rarely dying in PvP.. I actually do pretty well in PvP but only on Twisted Treeline Map 3v3... I tried that in bot mode but, even though I die very litle I barely get any kills..

And chaser.. thanks for that tip I did not know that at all... Hmm.. so I shouldn't play Shaco that much? I recent champ I have purchased.. which was last night, and which I did not get a chance to try him out is Jax. Would he be better? My friend recommended him... Any tips?

Thanks for your help :)
So, I was/am a big Jax player pre and post rework, and the one huge thing you have to learn with jax is when and when not commit. There are varying stages of commitment with him, and depending on his jump and stun cooldowns. This is something that you'll just have to learn by experience. "Advanced tip"- always keep a ward or wriggles to do a ward jump.

I'll also include a general piece of advice that I always give new players I'm tutoring. This may sound odd, but try it out. Start out conservative, then go aggressive.

Conservative- anywhere from 15-50 games
Focus on creeps. Creeps creeps creeps. Last hit, learn all the mechanics behind wave control, farming the jungle when pushed. There's so much to learn. Cs, cs, cs.

Get to where you can consistently hit at least 200 cs by 30 minutes. Move to aggressive playstyle.

Aggressive-every game after
Still get every creep in sight, but harass your opponent now too. Don't let him farm, **** him up. Push your lane (while still getting cs) and wander the map to get kills. Force your opponent past their comfort zone, AND STILL BEAT THEM IN CS!!!

I separate these because I've noticed most new players have the ability to cs or fight the enemy intelligently, but they have trouble doing both at the same time. It's a practice thing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TwistWrist

Senior Member

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4shes View Post
You'll have to build him a little tanky. I like the 'Trinity MK II' on Shaco for laning (EXPENSIVE BUILD) - Frozen Mallet, Phantom Dancer, Lich Bane, in that order.
There is like...absolutely nothing right about that build.

You open with a Frozen Mallet on the champ that has an autoattack slow built in.

Then, you build a Phantom Dancer while the only AD you have is from the Frozen Mallet. So you bought a huge AD multiplier without any real AD.

And then, you finish the whole mess with a Lich Bane with no other AP item. Which is a colossal waste of gold.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jayj2161

Junior Member

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaser676 View Post
So, I was/am a big Jax player pre and post rework, and the one huge thing you have to learn with jax is when and when not commit. There are varying stages of commitment with him, and depending on his jump and stun cooldowns. This is something that you'll just have to learn by experience. "Advanced tip"- always keep a ward or wriggles to do a ward jump.

I'll also include a general piece of advice that I always give new players I'm tutoring. This may sound odd, but try it out. Start out conservative, then go aggressive.

Conservative- anywhere from 15-50 games
Focus on creeps. Creeps creeps creeps. Last hit, learn all the mechanics behind wave control, farming the jungle when pushed. There's so much to learn. Cs, cs, cs.

Get to where you can consistently hit at least 200 cs by 30 minutes. Move to aggressive playstyle.

Aggressive-every game after
Still get every creep in sight, but harass your opponent now too. Don't let him farm, **** him up. Push your lane (while still getting cs) and wander the map to get kills. Force your opponent past their comfort zone, AND STILL BEAT THEM IN CS!!!

I separate these because I've noticed most new players have the ability to cs or fight the enemy intelligently, but they have trouble doing both at the same time. It's a practice thing.
Thanks for those tips on Jax .. I seem to like Jax, especially his e ability .. killer stuff Though, I doubt I am doing him any justice .. I just seem to lack the ability to kill the champions.. I et very few deaths but very few kills.. the enemy alwas seems to get away.


Okay.. Shaco.. Shaco.. I have no idea how to play him now. I know he needs AS from items.. AP usually is a better option then AD I have heard.. unless I build him like Jax? Ibuild hybrid Jax.. should I just refund Shaco and buy him later on when I am like level 30? If so, what champion should I get instead? Pantheon looks good but I wouldn't have a clue..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chaser676

Senior Member

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayj2161 View Post
Thanks for those tips on Jax .. I seem to like Jax, especially his e ability .. killer stuff Though, I doubt I am doing him any justice .. I just seem to lack the ability to kill the champions.. I et very few deaths but very few kills.. the enemy alwas seems to get away.


Okay.. Shaco.. Shaco.. I have no idea how to play him now. I know he needs AS from items.. AP usually is a better option then AD I have heard.. unless I build him like Jax? Ibuild hybrid Jax.. should I just refund Shaco and buy him later on when I am like level 30? If so, what champion should I get instead? Pantheon looks good but I wouldn't have a clue..
Dont refund him, and try to conserve IP for champs you have played and like during the free week. Also, you need to have around 12000 ip saved up for when you hit level 20- that's when you get runes. Runes are expensive, but most people at 20 wont have them, and you'll find that you absolutely wreck during early game.

Edit-

I'm looking at your match history, you dont need to build guinsoo's rageblade on Jax. He's much better served by a bilgewater cutlass-trinity force-hextech gunblade. Go defensive after that, a guardian angel and a banshees veil (maybe a BV, warmogs is an acceptable substitute). Your last item can be a rageblade, if you get that far (you pretty much never will, that build is expensive as ****).

Shaco is just a weird character in general. I've played him tanky ad, glass cannon ad, tanky ap, and glass cannon ap, and I still think tanky ad is the best route. A wits end will probably be all the attack speed you need, honestly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EbonRat

Senior Member

09-30-2012

Shaco's trick is learning when to engage. Your job is to go behind an AD/AP (Make sure the AP has used their spells!) and KEEL THEM DED.

Backstab.

Your boxes are amazing, use and abuse as wards, defensive augments to turrets, etc. use your clone to make the Ap carry use all his spells.


123