Need some new anime to watch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Fukumachi

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reallshotgg View Post
would like some pointers on good anime, ive seen just about every main stream one you can name (SAO, accel world, naruto, bleach, code geass, durarar) just anything similar to any of these will do
Stop watching anime and take a shower.

Autumns Serenity

09-28-2012

So many downvotes in this thread.

Clannad
Air
Kanon
Toradora
Spice and Wolf
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
Lucky Star
Angel Beats
Higashi no Eden
Seitokai no Ichizon
Seitokai Yakuindomo
Haruhi
Seirei no Moribito

BluesBrotha

09-28-2012

Theres a really cool Anime called MushiShi. Its got this spiritual / eery tone to it that you just dont get in alot of anime. Its really cool. Watch the first episode all the way through and you will see what I mean. Its a really good anime that doesn't get enough attention. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdhR5XZNXbs

Autumns Serenity

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
One Piece.
Shameful.

ProfessorZeek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2012

Alright, for the most part people have just been talking about the well known (and really good) series. Here are some others you might enjoy:

Black Rock Shooter: A story about a group of girls in middle school and the strange world they're pulled into. Emotional conflicts are depicted as grandiose battles between otherwordly beings equipped with over the top weaponry. A really good, introspective show.

Alexander: The Conquerer: The story of Alexander the Great. An amazing mixture of large-scale battles, conflicting philisophical ideologies, political strife, and the ambitions of one man to create a new world.

Aeon Flux: While this isn't really "anime" since it was produced here in the states, it's still a fantastic show with amazing visuals and story arcs. Two great nations have been at war and this series follows two people, Aeon and Trevor, who belong to opposing sides. Follow Aeon through her adventures of espionage, diety-slaying, and general hooliganism to the nth degree.

JoJo's Bizzare Adventure: A young man and his group of friends travel across the globe, fighting using "Stands," elements in corporal forms, to defeat a man in order to save those dear to him. A classic series.

Seikon no Qwaser: A quick warning, this one is a tad more "adult" but only if you consider breastfeeding a sexual act (which I don't believe it is). Qwasers are beings who can control a certain element. Everything from Iron to Oxygen can be controlled by these beings, but only one element to a Qwaser. The Qwasers get this power by feeding off of their "Magdalenes," partners who provide breast milk (it's more complicated than that) which allows their abilities to skyrocket. One Qwaser is determined to gain the power of God in order to control the world. Another, the Protagonist, Qwaser of Iron, is determined to stop him.

Those are a few shows off of the top of my head. All are relatively short 10-30 episodes long and I've thoroughly enjoyed all of them. Have fun!

Jagador

09-28-2012

PoyoPoyo

DmG Apollo

09-28-2012

lol @ getting downvoted for trying to be helpful and giving suggestions. I swear some people just hit the red box every time they read a post.

Shiralune

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorZeek View Post

JoJo's Bizzare Adventure: A young man and his group of friends travel across the globe, fighting using "Stands," elements in corporal forms, to defeat a man in order to save those dear to him. A classic series.

Those are a few shows off of the top of my head. All are relatively short 10-30 episodes long and I've thoroughly enjoyed all of them. Have fun!
Isn't JoJo long as hell?

Hilbilystomp

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flandre View Post
I'm a huge fan of the Boku no Pico OVA series. The only flaw is that there are just 3 episodes. It's such a magnificent piece of media. It brought me to tears.
What this person said.

Scylado

09-28-2012

Death note.