Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Loss Forgiven in Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Energetic

09-28-2012

So I will probably get a lot of hate from this, but...seriously Riot? If you have two people stay level 1 throughout the entire game, how is that not acceptable for a "loss forgiven"? Seriously? I agree its not if they played until like 10 minutes before it ended, but the ENTIRE GAME and they afk? This is bull****, fix your corrupted Ranked queues.

Mich567

09-28-2012

I'm really not sure who they give Loss Forgivens to, so while your argument may be somewhat valid, the premises of a Loss Forgiven will not allow it. Plus, this happens to quite a few people every day.

Energetic

09-28-2012

Quote:
Mich567:
I'm really not sure who they give Loss Forgivens to, so while your argument may be somewhat valid, the premises of a Loss Forgiven will not allow it. Plus, this happens to quite a few people every day.

I know loss forgivens are only because of server problems, but its just kind of common sense..if 5 people join a game and only 3 actually move, by the end of it, don't you think thats a little unfair? They should implement something along the lines of a loss forgiven program for this type of situation, if this happens to quite a lot of people a day, then they seriously need to consider this.

deirin

09-28-2012

Quote:
Beaming Sunlight:
So I will probably get a lot of hate from this, but...seriously Riot? If you have two people stay level 1 throughout the entire game, how is that not acceptable for a "loss forgiven"? Seriously? I agree its not if they played until like 10 minutes before it ended, but the ENTIRE GAME and they afk? This is bull****, fix your corrupted Ranked queues.

that'd provide somehow abuse of this elo forgiven thingy...

Energetic

09-28-2012

Quote:
deirin:
that'd provide somehow abuse of this elo forgiven thingy...

I know, but I am saying if they stay inactive for like 15+ minutes then something should be happening, I played a game and the support and ADC both just afk'd, they didnt even buy items or move once. The loss forgiven should only be given to the ones who were still active during the time period, and the ones inactive had an elo loss, and eventually banned.

DaGingaBreadMan

09-29-2012

The only thing is that some people could have had computer problems too though. I've had my power go out at the start of a game and then the again as soon as I started to boot the computer up and didn't get back in until 25 minutes in. Just my thought on it.

Energetic

09-29-2012

Quote:
BrisingrChetowa:
The only thing is that some people could have had computer problems too though. I've had my power go out at the start of a game and then the again as soon as I started to boot the computer up and didn't get back in until 25 minutes in. Just my thought on it.

Thats an invalid argument. When you're in a queue and someone dodges it could be from computer problems but you still lose elo, thats why in queue they changed it so you dont lose elo. But in a game, if you have computer problems that still messes the whole game up for other people, so essentially it is their fault/computers fault. The ones who were "Active" should NOT get elo loss if its a 3v5 the entire game, thats all I am saying, its really unbalanced.

Zenith Origin

09-29-2012

server lags today, sobad.

BlueSalad

09-29-2012

@ Beaming Sunlight: It used to be that the queue dodgers lost Elo (not actually the entire team, to discourage dodging). The reason that this was changed was that this caused a gradual rating deflation (the entire Elo pool 'lost' however much Elo the dodger did).

What you are proposing would again cause problems, since it would cause rating inflation (if Elo for winning were still awarded to the other side); indeed, this might lead to far greater rate of inflation than the deflation as described above.

The problem as you are describing it now does not cause rating inflation or deflation (since however much Elo is lost by one side, the same amount is gained by the other team).

While I agree with you that it makes the game much less enjoyable, in terms of balance, there is an equal probability that the other team shall suffer 2 dcs also, or whatever. A possible solution would be to possibly replace the leavers/afk/dc with bots (reprogrammed to function better than currently, obviously), although this would mean an awful lot of work for Riot.