Curious: during the Ionia rematch, why did Miss Fortune support Noxus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

webbut

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post
In this vein, the wallpaper/season 2 ad has Fortune fighting alongside Renekton and Nocturne, of all people. Considering MF is supposed to be this pirate hunter, fighting to end injustice and make Bilgewater a prosperous nation, this is like... wat? Unless I'm missing something, Riot seems bipolar with how they're marketing her. When it comes to Noxus, it's the pirates that support them, so why would MF? Shouldn't Gangplank replace her in these sorts of ads, the Dominion trailer, etc?

Pick a side, Riot. Unless I'm missing something, nothing about how Fortune is marketed makes sense.
I don't understand why her fighting with Ren and Nocturne is laughable. There is no reason lore wise why these 3 would not be on the same side being as neither Ren nor Nocturne are allied or attached to a city state. So just going on political stance there is 0 reason why she would not ally with either of them.

On top of that their political stance is irrelevant on the fields of justice. It is entirely possible that a Demacian summoner could summon Swain to fight on the fields against Noxios. Or Jarvan to be summed to the fields to fight alongside swain against Demacia.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussarlance View Post
Ms. Fortune is a Bounty Hunter. Noxus is loaded. In order to clean up Biglewater she needs capital resources. Demacia is probably less willing to pour money into a city they consider to be a lost cause.
This is my EXACT opinion, kind sir! Glad someone else thinks the same thing. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbut View Post
I don't understand why her fighting with Ren and Nocturne is laughable. There is no reason lore wise why these 3 would not be on the same side being as neither Ren nor Nocturne are allied or attached to a city state. So just going on political stance there is 0 reason why she would not ally with either of them.

On top of that their political stance is irrelevant on the fields of justice. It is entirely possible that a Demacian summoner could summon Swain to fight on the fields against Noxios. Or Jarvan to be summed to the fields to fight alongside swain against Demacia.
That specific picture also has her alongside Kat, and aiming directly at Jarvan and Garen. :P But besides that, I get the lack of political affiliation stuff. I just find it odd that MF has been exclusively put on the Noxian/"evil" side in basically all art and cinematics. This thread is basically trolling for a red who might shed some insight as to why... or perhaps point it out to them if they absolutely didn't realize it.

Fkin Be Rad

10-16-2012

Who is saying that noxus is evil? They arent. Demacia is just as evil. They murder their own people if they arent patriotic. Thats more evil than anything noxus has done

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootz is souless View Post
Who is saying that noxus is evil? They arent. Demacia is just as evil. They murder their own people if they arent patriotic. Thats more evil than anything noxus has done
I'm sorry, I should have worded it differently. I meant to say either the Noxian OR the evil side. Nobody's saying Katarina is necessarily evil - heck, Garen's boinking her - but I think you can agree that fighting alongside nightmarish monsters who are locked up by the League is a little perplexing - especially when fighting against literal knights in shining armor. If this really was a matter of champions not involved in Demacia or Noxus being tossed into matches for either side, shouldn't MF be depicted on the Demacian/Ionian/Piltovian/Bandle side at least once? That's what befuddles me, that between the Ionia rematch, art, and cinematics, she's exclusively on one side and one side only.