Curious: during the Ionia rematch, why did Miss Fortune support Noxus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-28-2012

For that matter, why does a lot of art have her on their side? It seems odd to me that a woman whose life is dedicated to hunting pirates, and whose parents were killed/burned when she was a child, supports the stuff Noxus did in Ionia.

My interpretation is that, since Noxus is such a big part of Bilgewater's sorry excuse for an economy, she rather had to support Noxus. If Noxus gets hit economically, that's that much less more or less legitimate funding and supplies for Bilgewater.

(This is, of course, ignoring the more likely explanation of "the Noxian side needed an option for a ranged AD and all the others available at the time hated Noxus", lol.)

Thoughts?

CrimsonClaymore

09-28-2012

I think because Miss Fortune isn't currently "ruler" of Bilgewater and because Bilgewater and Noxus have political ties Miss Fortune is forced into supporting Noxus out of her patriotism to the Island. Bilgewater acting out against Noxus would not end very well for Bilgewater.

Trolosaurus

09-28-2012

Bilgewater has ties to Noxus
MF has strong connections to Bilgewater, and none to Demacia, Piltover, etc.

ZodiarkSavior

09-28-2012

Noxus could of hired her for the match.

Remember, the League of Legends is all about politics.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-11-2012

In this vein, the wallpaper/season 2 ad has Fortune fighting alongside Renekton and Nocturne, of all people. Considering MF is supposed to be this pirate hunter, fighting to end injustice and make Bilgewater a prosperous nation, this is like... wat? Unless I'm missing something, Riot seems bipolar with how they're marketing her. When it comes to Noxus, it's the pirates that support them, so why would MF? Shouldn't Gangplank replace her in these sorts of ads, the Dominion trailer, etc?

Pick a side, Riot. Unless I'm missing something, nothing about how Fortune is marketed makes sense.

Nekron9

10-13-2012

If you recall, some of the champions on the side of Ionia included Ashe, Amumu and Ezreal. The Noxus team had the champions Rammus, Kog'maw, Shaco and Miss Fortune. None of these champions had political ties to either country.

Tsaalyo

Recruiter

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekron9 View Post
If you recall, some of the champions on the side of Ionia included Ashe, Amumu and Ezreal. The Noxus team had the champions Rammus, Kog'maw, Shaco and Miss Fortune. None of these champions had political ties to either country.
Sure, but even in newer art, MF is depicted fighting alongside Renekton and Nocturne, which is almost comical. I mean, apart from her likely opinion that Demacians have sticks up their asses, I haven't seen any lore that would explain why she's constantly fighting against them. Even Shaco was only involved in that one time fight.

Think about it like this: during the Ionian campaign, pirates sacked Ionian villages nonstop, aiding the Noxians. So why is it MF, the pirate hunter, always being depicted as on the Noxian side, rather than the logical choice of GP? A lot of how Riot depicts her just rails hard against all her backstory and lore, if you ask me. *shrug*

ThorRush

10-14-2012

I guess you mean this one? http://imgur.com/gallery/w15Db Yeah, Miss Fortune's motivations don't exactly match Noxus's, but they don't have to in order to be on the same side in a League match. Presumably she has her own agenda outside of the League.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...361145#1361145
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...620226#4620226
Remember Nasus was on Kat's side in the Season 1 trailer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBabagahnoosh View Post
That actually was a concern I had when we did the trailer, but I think the pros outweighed the cons. Nasus isn't a "bad guy", but then again LoL is about champions that gray-scale in their ethos rather than just black and white. It's true we went with a vaguely "good vs. evil" theme in the trailer, but I think ultimately that it was OK for Nasus to be on the team that he was on. He's a visually interesting character that helps show off the diversity of themes we have in the game.
Uh, ahem, ... "visually interesting" is one way to describe Miss Fortune.

Tsaalyo

Recruiter

10-14-2012

Sure, but Nasus was only in that one fight. MF has basically been on the Noxian or "evil" team as many times as Kat. I'd love a lore explanation as to why, when it seems to go against her lore more than with it. *shrug* I guess we can only speculate now... and yes, she is quite interesting. Very, visually, voluptuously interesting.

Hussarlance

10-15-2012

Ms. Fortune is a Bounty Hunter. Noxus is loaded. In order to clean up Biglewater she needs capital resources. Demacia is probably less willing to pour money into a city they consider to be a lost cause.