Dear Riot.....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weezooo

09-30-2012

Agreed

Lyria Eternal

09-30-2012

In the end I don't want this to be the sole reason why people create concepts. I think that the process of design is something you enjoy, and not something you do because you want to (only) have something added in. Because that mindset would eventually grow to people hating the fact that others are getting there work added in, and not your own. Doing something you enjoy, and seeing it incorporated into your inspiration's source is gratifying, but not air filling it's designer's head.

Mrfishii

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesofTerror View Post
In the end I don't want this to be the sole reason why people create concepts. I think that the process of design is something you enjoy, and not something you do because you want to (only) have something added in. Because that mindset would eventually grow to people hating the fact that others are getting there work added in, and not your own. Doing something you enjoy, and seeing it incorporated into your inspiration's source is gratifying, but not air filling it's designer's head.
I agree but what we are aiming for is to see a champion like the ones we make, but there aren't many. With other hobbies we usually see completion, like painting you come out with a nice picture, with writing a book you put your story into a real book, but with creating characters we get nothing, sometimes no comments or votes and it just feels so un encouraging.

I like making concepts but...I just feel pushed away when I know that they are just going to die in the forums within 10 or so hours.

Lyria Eternal

10-01-2012

Getting a little off-topic...

================

As humans we strive for something immortal in our lives. Something that we created, or even ourselves to survive forever as a testament to our lives here. A memorial of our existence on earth. However, as with other crafts the same could be said. That painting you make will aged, and turn to dust. Perhaps during or after your time, but it still will.The knowledge that even the things we make are going to vanish makes their presence all the more precious to us, and we strive to make them immortal in the minds of others as well.

A book is written, and then pushed into the hands of the world so that they may enjoy the story within. In return we feel as though we honored the creation by doing so, and we gained a bit of immortality ourselves. The same is with the concepts on this forum. We feel the desire to have them seen, and reviewed by everyone that we can. Because, we want to immortalize them to in people's minds, and perhaps even have them enter the haven of the League.

It's like a primitive people seeing a star in the sky. They strive to know what that star is, or even reach it one day. Then when they find out what the star is many lose the will to try, however some will continue. Perseverance is the greatest strength of humankind. Water given time will erode away mountains, and I think so can we.

Aphet

10-01-2012

I agree

/singed

Rageman202

10-02-2012

Bump going to update when I have the chance

Lyria Eternal

10-03-2012

bump

iZianni

10-03-2012

Ironically, if this does get implemented the community will be so vicious towards each other to get their own idea created.

Styrgwyr

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iZianni View Post
Ironically, if this does get implemented the community will be so vicious towards each other to get their own idea created.
I'm sure people can have more respect than that, it's fair game if someone gets their idea taken you should feel proud as a community not get butt hurt because you we're net picked, you know?

iZianni

10-03-2012

There will be certain players I imagine, then those who hear about the update will figure they can write better champions than the people here now. They will come and they'll know nothing of our nomadic ways...

It will all change when the Fire nation invades.