Dear Riot.....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mibani

01-30-2013

There are too many good ideas going to waste.

Signed.

Action Bobby

05-01-2013

They are working on so many skins/champs at any given time, but this game is about the fans, so I agree!

SephirothWontDie

05-01-2013

ah, this thread again. I forgot about this, but lets keep the signatures coming.

SolarPromethian

05-01-2013

sign me up

Hero Wolf

05-01-2013

I completely agree, im so happy that someone is doing this, i feel horrible that I didn't think of this myself, but very proud someone else has. I have probably created over 200 champion ideas. I remember the good ole days, i kept trying but yk what happened? I gave up, I gave up creating and gave up even looking. But this is just amazing, and it's reminded me about the good ole days. +1 to this thread and i would love to sigh with HONOR.
-Twh

Mulvone

05-01-2013

agreed

SephirothWontDie

05-01-2013

Rageman202, are you still on these forums? because your thread was brought back to life. there are more signatures on the way!

Juso Magna

05-01-2013

Signed.

Onegarion

05-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The weird hero View Post
I have probably created over 200 champion ideas.
-Twh
Think about the number of people that are just like you. How many champions with potential are there? Then balancing them even if the submitter has already taken the steps. Then skins, artwork, lore, animations, leveling, etc. Its a long and painstaking process. Then if it doesn't come out right everyone complains that the original poster had it right and "Riot just messed it up." Then they take the heat from that, probably not lose players for it, but they will get complaints about a player design.

I've tried myself to make a champ and waited for feedback (still yet to get any lol), but after thinking about it my hero would be hard to make sense with lore. Now all of your lore that "makes sense" does to you, but maybe not to others. Maybe not in the world of LoL. Even if the entire community likes it doesn't mean its a good idea. Also making sure abilities actual work with the lore given. Its a lot of work into just 1 champion, let alone the hundreds that many people post from complete ideas to basic concepts. Then what are you going to say to a "bad" idea that gets chosen over a "good" idea?

So yes it would be nice, but its just not fathomable. Its just easier to just let Riot make champs at their pace. Anyway I think they need more maps than champs now. There are hundreds of champs and I bet that you are mirroring a number of champs blended into one.

Rageman202

05-01-2013

I can understand that a want for maps are more suitable. But We have asked We got Fre for ARAM. But it is just using the ARAM Map set up. So more maps but Champions from this Forum are sitting here gathering dust. My brothers Arilian, Queen of the Elements have been on here now for a good year and yet no red has every commented on them. Well His original has been on for a year. As for his version two I have no clue. Ideas that sit here that could be used in game, that can be worked in aren't being used. Insperation is what this forum is to Riot. When someone who can come up with a whole concept and see if it isn't OP. Yet a lot of people bashed my brothers for him having a lot of AOE and some said his ideas have had a jack of all trades but he was still hopeful but he says bumping them all the time is getting useless because he cant get the feed back he needs to know what might be wrong or what is good to do with the concept. I have seen things that have been on this forum for 4 weeks and they have a red post when someones work who has been on here for 6+ months sit with nothing but " Oh it is good!" or "No what to OP".... It is a goal to come up with a viable champion to have in game. But knowing that might not happen but knowing you made that kind of champion is what makes people feel satisfied.