Dear Riot.....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cynation

11-28-2012

I agree whole heartedly...

ploki122

11-28-2012

Do you mean something like that (found in an older version of the PBE's EULA, but I beleive htere is something very similar in the current one):

Quote:
A. Ownership. “Content” means any communications, images, sounds, and all the material and information that you upload or transmit through the Site or the Game, or that other users upload or transmit, including, without limitation, any Forum (defined below) postings and/or the in-Game real-time interactive chat text (“Chat”).

You hereby acknowledge and agree that any and all Content shall be deemed, and shall remain, the property of Riot Games from the time of uploading or transmission. Accordingly, Riot Games shall exclusively own all now known or hereafter existing copyrights and all other intellectual property rights to all Content of every kind and nature, in perpetuity, throughout the universe and you hereby assign to Riot Games as a present assignment of future rights all such intellectual property rights to the extent owned by you. In the event that any of the Content is not assignable, you hereby grant to Riot Games and its licensors, including, without limitation, its respective successors and assigns, a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicensable, transferable, worldwide, paid-up right to reproduce, fix, adapt, modify, translate, reformat, create derivative works from, manufacture, introduce into circulation, publish, distribute, sell, license, sublicense, transfer, rent, lease, transmit, or provide access to electronically, broadcast, communicate to the public by telecommunication, display, perform, enter into computer memory, and use and practice such Content as well as all modified and derivative works thereof, without compensation to you. You also hereby waive any moral rights you may have in such Content under the laws of any jurisdiction. You represent, warrant and agree that none of the Content will be subject to any obligation, whether of confidentiality, attribution or otherwise, on the part of Riot Games and Riot Games will not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Content. You further acknowledge and agree that you shall not upload or otherwise transmit on or through the Site or the Game any Content that is subject to any third-party rights.

Halagren

11-28-2012

Petition signed. Come on Riot, I highly doubt that anyone here is looking for anything other than their creations brought to life. So make it happen.

√Čidolon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploki122 View Post
Do you mean something like that (found in an older version of the PBE's EULA, but I beleive htere is something very similar in the current one):
To be honest. The only reasons they have that part of the EULA is for the exceptionally rare circumstances where say... Someone posts a female Spider Champion much like Elise and then the Artist demands a cut off Elise's sales, or something ridiculous like that. It's simply there to protect them from anyone trying to claim their work as their own and then demand cuts.

I actually think it's smart.

ValorAndGlory

11-28-2012

Put my name on this as well I agree, also I will state here and now I hand over any disclaimer and copyrights for my concepts over to Riot.

Nazrethim

11-28-2012

Where do I have to sign to join this movement? ^^

Osprii

11-28-2012

I don't want to be a party pooper, but Riot is too confident in their own abilities and too unconfident in ours to do this. Not that anyone will read my post, anyway. Too much going on here. Oh well, best of luck.

You know, OP, just sign me up anyway. I would like for this to happen, despite my lack of confidence in the outcome.

GOOOOOOO TEAM!

ploki122

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by …idolon View Post
To be honest. The only reasons they have that part of the EULA is for the exceptionally rare circumstances where say... Someone posts a female Spider Champion much like Elise and then the Artist demands a cut off Elise's sales, or something ridiculous like that. It's simply there to protect them from anyone trying to claim their work as their own and then demand cuts.

I actually think it's smart.
I know that's the main purpose, but it still describes exactly the case that op is looking for...

N1ghtOwl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

i agree with Osprii riot dosent care about our ideas they think there ideas are perfectly fine, plus they got a hard on for assassins and carrys. but hey sign me up as well im all in for this

Aerosu

11-29-2012

i agree with this :/