Dear Riot.....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThePandara

10-18-2012

+1, my champ been on the forum for years and still...even if they are appreciated, still no Riot Post or View

DemoMan

Recruiter

10-18-2012

-Deleted-

DemoMan

Recruiter

10-19-2012

Bump

Rehgar Earthfvry

10-19-2012

riot must know how long is take to have a new hero concepts
not just think about it, we write and draw our concept out
and still none of the riot come !!

this just make me so sad

Éidolon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageman202 View Post
I know Probably I will start an uproar or get in serious trouble for this but I think it is time some of the communities voices be heard....

I, Rageman202, Ask to Petition in that there be a Terms of Service Agreement, that allows Riot to come on to this forum and use these Ideas. If you agree. Please comment if you agree. I know that riot comes for "insperation." But sometimes it would be nice for more then one community champ per 2 years or so......

Petition ;

Rageman202
WindsofDemise
FlamesofTerror
Pethrax
Lord Kyleshore
SananMasa
ProXc
KillaTroll
FRANKx7HExTANK
Gudenspad
Icraig33
Kfczombie
Styrgwyr
Fierce Summoner
Derpadeath
ask rumb1e
Askelon
Pat Of FAP Corp
Nikola999
GhostBladesz
LordBones
meowingbadger
Mrfishii
Slvr2th
eater of souls45
nathanchinn
freek4224
Void22
fromancer
MadHatterSyndra
Carpe Omnia
Weezooo
Aphet
BloodFungus
Osprii
Deimus144
Zergmare
Firewyvern30
Lmao, so Riot has to agree to produce full Champion Concepts every year from these boards for their own game... without taking just inspiration?

That seems hardly fair to me in every perspective. In all honesty they haven't gotten this successful because of a community champion concept.

I do however wish they were more active in the community but again, it's not their job to help the community improve their skills.

Instead of trying to think of ways to get your Champion Concept into the game, I would focus on making the best Champion that's not in the game.

Lyria Eternal

10-19-2012

I got that is wasn't that they HAD to take ideas from here. It's more to the point that they wouldn't have any reason to not to anymore. I don't mind if they take inspiration, or the full concept. Though I would like it if they mentioned that ideas for a champion were taken from such. I believe one or two champions were taken from here, and are rather key examples of the trade.

This isn't a way to get my own concept into the league, persay, it's getting riot to be a little more active here.

Éidolon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesofTerror View Post
I got that is wasn't that they HAD to take ideas from here. It's more to the point that they wouldn't have any reason to not to anymore. I don't mind if they take inspiration, or the full concept. Though I would like it if they mentioned that ideas for a champion were taken from such. I believe one or two champions were taken from here, and are rather key examples of the trade.

This isn't a way to get my own concept into the league, persay, it's getting riot to be a little more active here.

Ahhhhh I see. So if Riot uses any of our concepts, they should give us credit on record for our commitment and creativity. I do agree... However I do see one problem here... there are plenty of concepts on the board here that they may have taken slithers from in order to create their next champion. It'd be unfair to credit us if it was something small.

However if they do take an obvious amount off of one of our champions, and when I say obvious I mean like if they took our Champion concept as their base to work around then I most definitely agree that recognition and credit will be given when or if its due.

I trust Riots judgement. They wouldn't blatantly rip-off your champion and not give you any sort of credit at all. It's completely unprofessional and lacks morale, but you can't expect to get credited for something as small as say.... a similar passive or ability. It's not necessary.

Besides, for me I'd rather be recognized for the whole amount of effort I put in my Champion than seeing him get skewed and being credited for a tiny invention. It's more rewarding as an artist.

But to make Riot "Agree" to credit us for anything that we inspired them with, isn't fair or necessary.

However if Riot did take one or two Champions from here without crediting it then okay, it makes sense where you're coming from. But they would have to be obvious enough.

For example Elise, the Spider Queen is a Spider Champion... I've read enough Spider Champion Concepts on the boards, whether or not they did subconsciously pick up any for inspiration; there's only soo much you can do with a Spider Champion without running into obvious similarities. That's a fact. Recognition or credit shouldn't be required then. Especially considering that there would be multiple Spider Champion Concepts with the exact same or similar skills.

However say you created a champion concept that no one has seen before. Say it was a Centipede Champion that burrows under ground and can grab multiple champions and take them underground as well, he can also grow like Cho-Gath, and can move under ground. Or something with that sort of uniqueness where you wouldn't see anywhere else or on any other champion concept. Concepts where the inspiration is the entirety of the Champion itself deserve credit.

That is why all Concepteurs should make their champions as unique and descriptive as they possibly can, don't just give them abilities and numbers... but every Champion requires a personality. You have to be able to stand out and showcase an exuding sense of style and creativity. Of course no one is obligated to listen to my opinion as I've only been on here for less than 2 months, some of you...years. So I'm sure you guys catch my drift.

Lyria Eternal

10-20-2012

I understand your opinion on this matter, and I would like to thank you for expressing your opinion.

There are many champion concepts for a variety of designs, and it would be folly for them to credit one person above the rest. It is also highly unlikely that they would use direct concepts from the forums either. They will, instead, edit them enough to make them different.

In the end there are two things that I think would be appropriate for this.

1. If a full concept from one person is taken, and edited, that designer should be given credit (however small) towards the design.

2. If a concept has parts taken from the concepts forum, and they did come here to gain them. The the concept should have a credit to the "Concepts Forum" as a whole. This removes the personal victory and replaces it with a forum victory.

We didn't start this to "force" anyone to agree or disagree with us. Only to show Riot that many of us here, the majority I would go as far to say, would like to see them back here.

Your's in Fellowship,

Flames of Terror

Gradunk

10-21-2012

In my 2 years of checking out this forum, i have seen riot on for a total of 15 minutes. they posted on ten champions, gave a little feedback like THE REST OF THE FORUM SHOULD DO, but did nothing with them. That was about one and a half years ago and they haven't been on since. at least not that i have seen.
I know for a fact they can find new mechanics for abilities or more unique champs instead of slapping on another bush camping champ that jumps at you or someone with tons of cc again. everyone they're coming out with has been done before with a few tweaks. Something NEW to the game is in order and this would ensure that happened. How do i know they could find it? I have made several champs that have ability mechanics not in game yet.
So I agree. Petition signed.

Gradunk

Éidolon

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesofTerror View Post
I understand your opinion on this matter, and I would like to thank you for expressing your opinion.

There are many champion concepts for a variety of designs, and it would be folly for them to credit one person above the rest. It is also highly unlikely that they would use direct concepts from the forums either. They will, instead, edit them enough to make them different.

In the end there are two things that I think would be appropriate for this.

1. If a full concept from one person is taken, and edited, that designer should be given credit (however small) towards the design.

2. If a concept has parts taken from the concepts forum, and they did come here to gain them. The the concept should have a credit to the "Concepts Forum" as a whole. This removes the personal victory and replaces it with a forum victory.

We didn't start this to "force" anyone to agree or disagree with us. Only to show Riot that many of us here, the majority I would go as far to say, would like to see them back here.

Your's in Fellowship,

Flames of Terror

I actually rather agree with your statement. If in-fact RIOT did use one of our Champion Concepts to build around and as inspiration, then I agree; we deserve some credit. I mean wouldn't Riot do that anyway? It's the only honorable thing to do, if anything it'd bring more attention to our boards and inspire us further to work diligently as creative forces. We do it as a hobby and through sheer passion and ask for absolutely nothing in return other than to be credited and honored for our ideas and faith in League of Legends and their future.

I just haven't seen an example of them taking a concept and skewing it for their own personal benefit and reward, thus I have no real input. I can only respect them at this point and trust their honor and loyalty to their most constructive group of fans, until given a reason not to.

I also agree with your second statement. Bringing attention to the forums as a whole for parts of inspiration would be amazing. Not just for us as a Concepteurs, but for the growth of the creative community of Riot. There will come a day where Riot will decide to release a Champion every week ect. I see the PC Board community as the backbone of Riot, whether its us the Concepteurs or another board; regardless if we are noted and honored for our creativity... I can only imagine we inspire the Creative Forces of Riot through our heart-driven work. We don't ask for a salary, we don't churn attention nor glory.. But we do it because we care.

To me. That's what counts, and we should always praise ourselves for the work we do and know that whether or not we get honored by Riot. We have helped inspire fellow Summoners as our selves to become better beings and creative forces than we were before. These are qualities you will hold on to until the day you die.