[Repost] Fiddlesticks guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bloodba7h

09-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiousFlea View Post
CD reduction fiddle is fairly bad, with the exception of Frozen Heart fiddle against a physical heavy team.

The reason for this is that Crowstorm is an "all or nothing" ult. Either you deal enough damage to get a kill, or you don't. A weak crowstorm on a 90 sec cooldown is MUCH less useful than a strong crowstorm on a 150 sec CD.

Also, major teamfights really don't happen more often than once every 150 sec.
Endgame, that is not the case at all, where teamfights will happen once every 90 seconds or so.

RedScience

09-24-2009

but he has more than crowstorm to handle those in-between team fights.

Girl

09-30-2009

Better item build:
giant belt
giant belt
giant belt
giant belt
giant belt
giant belt

g2g

RedScience

10-01-2009

the new crowstorm is pretty killer. i like having an extra flash incase i whif the launch, or need to make a quick escape. better offense AND defense. also, the death grasp item (whatever it's name is) is wonderful. it makes dark wind a beastly power when champions group together.

Austere

10-01-2009

wondering how you guys think death's grasp fits into fiddle's new item build. Been getting it after soulstealer to good effect in the past few games.

PiousFlea

The Council

10-04-2009

I havent played much since this patch: but I really like the new Fiddlesticks.

Fear
is nerfed and it needed the nerf. I sometimes leave fear at lv1 until high levels. Even 1 second is enough to catch up with someone when chasing, but it takes too many points before Fear is long enough where you can Lifedrain someone to death while they are feared.

Life Drain is nerfed against creeps but significantly buffed against players. You never get the full 6-8 second duration so the duration nerf is not an issue, but Drain now has a shorter cooldown. More importantly, the change in Fiddle's passive is a Life Drain buff. On a player with average magic resist, -16 Magic Resist will increase the amount of life drained by ~10%. If a meleer couldn't kill you through life drain before (with 10% miss), he won't be able to kill you through life drain now (because it drains 10% more). However, he will take 10% more damage from drain.

Dark Wind is nerfed but not really. Depending on enemy magic resist and your spell pen, it may actually hit slightly harder due to the new passive. If you're sniping at someone far away (so he doesn't get hit by Horror aura) it is definitely nerfed.

Crowstorm just recieved the biggest buff of its life. Granted you still have to play predictively, your blink direction is set once you start channeling and if enemies move in the opposite direction you could miss them entirely. However, Blink is still a buff, and the new Horror passive makes Crowstorm hit approximately 10% harder.

If there was any doubt before that spell pen is the optimal rune build for Fiddle, there should be no doubt now. With maxed spell pen runes you get around 12 spell pen. Add on the -16 aura and you are reducing enemy spell resist by 28 from level 1. Most characters have 30-35 spell pen base, which means that you are taking them dangerously close to zero magic resist. That's pretty amazing.

Labarge

10-04-2009

I've found that the built in flash with Crowstorm makes it even easier to jump in on unsuspecting enemies. Now I can, in the middle lanes, charge up the crowstorm in the grass, aiming the ability towards the enemy team in the middle, and upon completion (of the inbuilt flash) I can then flash immediately right into the middle of them. Normally you'd have to run that extra distance, but since you can now technically flash twice in quick succession it really opens up the distance at which you can jump in from.

Not saying it's always necessary to use the flash like this, but it does allow for more options before and after crowstorm.

Ivarrr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2009

I was playing Amumu with a Fiddlesticks last night and when we would use our ults together a massacre ensued. Cursed touch from Amumu plus Fiddle's passive really wrecked hard.

awong01

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-16-2009

does spell penetration go into negative percent such as a hero having 0% MR and having 9% SP would they still take extra damage?

Provoked

10-17-2009

Honestly, I have yet to get any spell pen as fiddles, I just stack mass AP. I do see how it's better. I just can't imagine what I can do if I set him up correctly if this is how I do without spellpen: