How to view the S2 championships?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bikohoness

10-02-2012

I've seen all the buzz about the upcoming Season 2 championships, but I haven't seen any information on how we can watch them (without buying tickets to the actual event)

I even went so far as to schedule a "SuperLoL party" at my house for the 13th so myself and local LOL players can watch on a my 10ft screen. But now I'm starting to get worried. I assumed I'd just be able to use the LOL client and spectate the games, but now I'm not so sure. If they really are trying to be like other sporting events do I need to worry about regional lock-outs? commercials every 10 seconds and the like?

I guess I'd just like to know if the playoffs will be available in spectate mode or only viewable via steaming.

Thanks!

sG Ice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

Most likely it will follow the same streaming format as the Regionals Event in August, which linked to a streaming site depicting all the action with commercials inbetween games. I cannot guarantee this, but it would be consistent with all past events.

Have no fear!

SafetyX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

They will have the streams posted everywhere. I believe they are streaming it on Own3d and Twitch in HD. I haven't heard if there are commercials, but if there are, they will be between games. It is definitely going to be shoutcasted, but idk who will be doing it. Don't worry, you will be able to find the links to the streams anywhere.

Elanaran

Recruiter

10-03-2012

Hopefully the HD streams will be free. One of the regionals had them as a premium option. >.<

iLikeToes

10-03-2012

You can view them from LoL site, twitch, own3d, and if you log into the client there will probably be some big picture and it will say: 'WATCH THE STREAM.' Also the HD streams are supposed to be free.

Bierpens

10-05-2012

Are there any replays? I missed some games i'd like to watch now.

LegendaryLemur

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierpens View Post
Are there any replays? I missed some games i'd like to watch now.
Yes, go to
http://tournaments.leagueoflegends.c...d-championship
and the links on the right under match schedule