Amumu Tank Build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

100Rob123

09-27-2012

Hey guys, new player here. So recently I've been playing Amumu and I'm not sure about what to buy him when I'm playing tank with him. Any tips?
Thanks in advance.

TehJackAttack

09-27-2012

Amumu is a bad choice for any lane. There are very few champs he can lane against successfully. With that being said, he has 2 aoe skills great for clearing the jungle, a gap closing stun, and a major AOE stun/nuke ultimate. He belongs in the jungle.

0/21/9 masteries with tough skin, indomitable, bladed skin, initiator. Also take the buff duration from utility.

magic pen reds, armor yellows, mr/level blues. I prefer move speed quints.

Start with regrowth pendant, build into philo stone asap. Then boots, HoG, chain mail, negatron cloak, giant's belt.

Finish the build based on what kind of damage is hurting you the most. Banshee's Veil, Sunfire Cape, Randuins, Abyssal Sceptre, Sherulya's and Warmogs are all good choices for Amumu.

Smite and flash, ofc.

Amatzikahni

09-27-2012

RCS is also a good item choice if you're slightly fed and not absurdly high Elo; it acts as a permaslow and lets you chase like a boss.

I prefer FoN for the movespeed, but Abyssal is always on my list if I have a mage top.

And I always get Aegis before Chain Mail/Negatron/Giant's Belt; it gives all three stats in a lesser amount as well as a very nice teamfighting and ganking aura.

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

Boots, aegis, frozen heart, abyssal is your core build

chrisluissanc

09-27-2012

rot is ok if you really want to lane him

lane build (i only jungle him) would probly be philoso, roa, rcs ,abysall, fon and fh i think...

normally he goes in jungle