Do NOT buy the new Kha'Zix skin: Here's why

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoctorBen

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxts View Post
New Kha'Zix skin?

Is he talking about Mecha Kha'Zix or is there a new one in development I don't know about
Mecha Kha'Zix

Unrestricted PK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Understandable - we've undergone a lot of changes on the team, so we should be better about keeping a good balance of keeping the lights on and making things a price you guys like.

We're trying some things now to gague reaction, but not to up prices all over. If we can make something that takes double the resources and put something simpler (and cool) on a lower price point, then it can even out but still be valuable - you know, stuff like Sultan/Kha'Zix.

I don't know as much about this type of stuff, but how I see it (and one of the reasons I work at Riot instead of a big publishing house) our business model has to be player-focused as well; it's more important in a F2P game. RP sales aren't a "given," so if people feel gouged, or the product isn't worth the price, that's the worst thing we can do - both ways. Players hate it, the business suffers, lose-lose. It's actually a really honest business model...we make players happy, we both win. We fail to do so, everyone loses.

The business model of making content like skins cheaper will probably work in favor more than anything else. Unless Riot wants to be like Apple. Make things easier to purchase, you create the skins once, and can sell them limitless times up to the amount that accounts exist.

Less is more... income..

Seehan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

dragon tamer lulu. that is all

Every Ginger

11-26-2012

Well. Compared to all the other release skins that don't feature particle changes to abilities, new voice overs...it does make sense to increase the price on it since the shi- well, I won't say bad since they put effort into them and it does take some time. I don't know why you're complaining about this skin being 1350, I think it's quite accurate on the pricing, if not cheaper than it should be.

You should be complaining about all the other skins being 975 while bringing nothing more but new colors to the game.

zraven7

11-26-2012

Ok, maybe I slept through economics a few times, but I believe I remember something about prices going up, and this being normal...

Who is Sexy

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraven7 View Post
Ok, maybe I slept through economics a few times, but I believe I remember something about prices going up, and this being normal...
Price goes up by like 2% each year. Thats inflation
But this doesn't apply in LoL. Reason is unlike other games where you can sell stuff to other people, trade items/in-game income, LoL doesn't have it. Therefore its in-game economy is stable

As for skins, price shouldn't increase if it doesn't offer more than current skins. Just because it has better graphics doesn't mean it should be sold at a higher price, thats just being up to date with 2012 graphic standards

Udyr has 4 skins in each of his skin (4 stances), Orianna has a ball, etc. Yet Lulu is the only one who's skin price went up because her pet got a skin too. Shouldn't have happened

Duriel

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Post in the other big thread from our eCommerce Director:

Feel free to talk to him and leave feedback, but your fears won't come true on this.
liar

Arcticfury

11-26-2012

Quote:
As long as the amount of RP per $ remains the same then you are correct, but if they up the costs for RP then the amount RP needed, then that is gouging. But, people will balance it out, quit paying for the heavy priced items and Riot will have to adjust.

Apple's model is wrong, they make one thing and then 'try' to make it the best and charge a premium, not hoping to sell more than their competitors, this nearly resulted in a bankrupt company. Then they came out with the iPod, still charging a premium they altered their model to sell to a larger market share and promising to only come out with new models after a minimum of 365 days. This worked for a while but recently began to fail. So now they come out with the iPad 3, then mini and iPad 4 months afterwards. This too will fail, and eventually they will lower prices. Oh, they also tried to sue everyone for infringements, saying they were the first and should be the only to develop their products. But they weren't the first to do touch screen, mobile phones, emails, tablets, or music devices. Sony, HP, Motorola, IBM, and many others got their first. Apple = Fail. Simple economics tells you they can only survive in a monopoly.

Riot will be forced to play under the same rules, meaning they have to supply what is demanded at a price people will pay. No need to start these threads, just simply let your RP speak for you, quit buying and Riot will respond, purchase what you like and Riot will respond to that.

Arcticfury

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphtronics View Post
Price goes up by like 2% each year. Thats inflation
But this doesn't apply in LoL. Reason is unlike other games where you can sell stuff to other people, trade items/in-game income, LoL doesn't have it. Therefore its in-game economy is stable
That makes absolutely no sense because RP is purchased with Dollars that are subject to inflation. Salaries rise, expenses rise, cost of living rises, on and on. Inflation is a result of real world economics. As long as Riot fixes either dollar to RP ratios or in game prices the other should float by real world inflation. This is normal.

FrozenXylaphone

11-26-2012

Quote:
Its called propaganda. Teach gullible highschool/college children things like they are fact and they become fact to them. Now they won't protest and will just accept it.

Economis Teacher: Prices just go up.
Gullible Student: Prices are now much higher, but that is ok, I will pay these prices because that is what I was taught.