Do NOT buy the new Kha'Zix skin: Here's why

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheWheatOne

Senior Member

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoul The Dark View Post
Honestly in the end it's their game. You can play happy without buying anything. You can buy a skin and just be as happy. As for the cost of this skin, it's high sure but you can't argue it doesn't have signifigent work on it. It have almost 100% partical change. I think Roit has a right to place a higher price on higher quality skins. I do also support that your raising a voice to the dislike of this, but I dont know if complaining on forums is the right way to do things. All I know is that if your want to hurt someone's bank account don't just say we won't buy your product but you buy their rivals products. That's my 2 cents.
Its not that simple. That is only the long term. For example, many thought communism was awesome, until reality proved it wrong, but not at a great cost. We, voicing our opinions here, not just with our wallets, will save us the hassle of going at this the hard and long way. By just our wallets, Riot will have a hard time seeing the most optimum solution to this, as it only shows one outcome, not multiple scenarios of what could have happened if they lowered the price to one more people could afford.

Sitting back and letting reality handle it is as bad as evolution taking hundreds of millions of years to make sapient life at the cost of trillions of dead predecessors, or taking out several civilizations to find the few survivors who have the ability to overcome some disease (ei smallpox, black plague). Instead human doctors said "Screw that" and created vaccinations for everyone in mere decades, and now makes millions of cures for almost ever disease out there that could directly kill us. Talking this through for the best win-win situation is better than baring the consequences first, where one side loses a lot in opportunity cost, where both might lose, or where one can shrug it off like nothing and keep prices high because of how little a blow it is.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lurnaezel

Senior Member

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm One View Post
Just to make sure without assuming anything, can you give a source?
Didn't you see the threads complaining about it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DaMiTzNhan

Senior Member

11-23-2012

lT'S HAPPENING


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lurnaezel

Senior Member

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm One View Post
I can't keep track of every thread that goes through the GD.
Lol ok. Dragon Trainer Lulu is priced 1350 because Lulu's companion Pix also changes apparently.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheWheatOne

Senior Member

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurnaezel View Post
Lol ok. Dragon Trainer Lulu is priced 1350 because Lulu's companion Pix also changes apparently.
Yes, I did see that thread, many days ago. I thought the source was something about officially stating the new standard of 1350 RP for all or most new skins. That however, is merely showing why they gave that particular skin a higher price, as much as the community may disagree, including me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ragain

Senior Member

11-24-2012

I want to be able to pay 60$ like any other game and have everything for it, like any other game.

Funny, DotA 2 is F2P and only cosmetics cost money.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghoul The Dark

Senior Member

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm One View Post
Its not that simple. That is only the long term. For example, many thought communism was awesome, until reality proved it wrong, but not at a great cost. We, voicing our opinions here, not just with our wallets, will save us the hassle of going at this the hard and long way. By just our wallets, Riot will have a hard time seeing the most optimum solution to this, as it only shows one outcome, not multiple scenarios of what could have happened if they lowered the price to one more people could afford.

Sitting back and letting reality handle it is as bad as evolution taking hundreds of millions of years to make sapient life at the cost of trillions of dead predecessors, or taking out several civilizations to find the few survivors who have the ability to overcome some disease (ei smallpox, black plague). Instead human doctors said "Screw that" and created vaccinations for everyone in mere decades, and now makes millions of cures for almost ever disease out there that could directly kill us. Talking this through for the best win-win situation is better than baring the consequences first, where one side loses a lot in opportunity cost, where both might lose, or where one can shrug it off like nothing and keep prices high because of how little a blow it is.
But this isn't evolution or communism. It's less serious than that. I'm sure what you said has a valid point but I can't seems to find it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheWheatOne

Senior Member

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoul The Dark View Post
But this isn't evolution or communism. It's less serious than that. I'm sure what you said has a valid point but I can't seems to find it.
That we can talk it over instead of wasting our money, and so Riot can make the most money out of this?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghoul The Dark

Senior Member

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm One View Post
That we can talk it over instead of wasting our money, and so Riot can make the most money out of this?
I understand that better. So the goal is talk them down to a lesser price. Roit probably wouldn't drop it down to the normal 975 price. So what would you personally settle on as a compromise assuming selling at 975 wasn't an option?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Username1907

Member

11-24-2012

?

They made it 1350 because it has extra animations and a new voiceover, but they didn't want it to be a legendary skin.