Do NOT buy the new Kha'Zix skin: Here's why

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ADCisMyReligion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Understandable - we've undergone a lot of changes on the team, so we should be better about keeping a good balance of keeping the lights on and making things a price you guys like.

We're trying some things now to gague reaction, but not to up prices all over. If we can make something that takes double the resources and put something simpler (and cool) on a lower price point, then it can even out but still be valuable - you know, stuff like Sultan/Kha'Zix.

I don't know as much about this type of stuff, but how I see it (and one of the reasons I work at Riot instead of a big publishing house) our business model has to be player-focused as well; it's more important in a F2P game. RP sales aren't a "given," so if people feel gouged, or the product isn't worth the price, that's the worst thing we can do - both ways. Players hate it, the business suffers, lose-lose. It's actually a really honest business model...we make players happy, we both win. We fail to do so, everyone loses.
Yes. RP sales aren't a given. $10 for a skin is already borderline ripping people off and you have the nerve to release a 1350. I mean I could understand if you guys were some small time company like in 2009 but you're millionaires, quit the ****ing greed. There is no excuse other than greed. You keep pulling bull**** and then sugar coat it with your words like people are dumb or something. You lost my business, I can tell you that much.

CyanideGatorade

09-28-2012

I'm guessing its the people who play LoL up to 10 hours a day who have a problem here.

Most Junior/Member posts don't seem to have a problem with this. It's just the seniors.

Personally it takes me weeks to get 6300 ip so I can't complain about buying a bundle that gives me a free skin and saves 30 hours of my time getting that ip.

KatarinaCatKitty

09-28-2012

Well I wouldnt of bought it anyway. It has a higher price then any other skin aside from PFE and legendary, but the real issue is, all it is is a simple recolor. So they are charging you 1350 for a recolored skin that should be going for 520 at most.

SirWhaley

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevouringInferno View Post
Well I wouldnt of bought it anyway. It has a higher price then any other skin aside from PFE and legendary, but the real issue is, all it is is a simple recolor. So they are charging you 1350 for a recolored skin that should be going for 520 at most.
A recolor?! Have you even seen the skin? It's a totally new model with new animations, sounds, particle effects. Its also evolves like PFE.

This is essentially a legendary skin.

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Understandable - we've undergone a lot of changes on the team, so we should be better about keeping a good balance of keeping the lights on and making things a price you guys like.

We're trying some things now to gague reaction, but not to up prices all over. If we can make something that takes double the resources and put something simpler (and cool) on a lower price point, then it can even out but still be valuable - you know, stuff like Sultan/Kha'Zix.

I don't know as much about this type of stuff, but how I see it (and one of the reasons I work at Riot instead of a big publishing house) our business model has to be player-focused as well; it's more important in a F2P game. RP sales aren't a "given," so if people feel gouged, or the product isn't worth the price, that's the worst thing we can do - both ways. Players hate it, the business suffers, lose-lose. It's actually a really honest business model...we make players happy, we both win. We fail to do so, everyone loses.
HA! I doubt Riot has trouble paying for the electricity billings.

Primanocte

09-28-2012

bump

MáttyV

09-28-2012

It's a simple marketing tactic. Increase the price of the skin, keep the bundle the same price, this way the bundle looks like the best thing ever. "how could i not buy this super cheap bundle compared to the normal price of the skin" . I'm sure it will actually work too.

Urf Bender

09-28-2012

Bump

Noble Fury

09-28-2012

I only bought it because I refunded my full metal jayce skin and had enough extra...kinda wishing I got the bundle now though.

fiercetiger

09-28-2012

I dont grt why people complain, heres a simple answer dont spend rp.