Do NOT buy the new Kha'Zix skin: Here's why

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Masochist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrdfergason View Post
I completely agree. Riot is price gouging bad here. There is no change in gameplay or balancing that they have to do with skins either. plug and play coding. cmon Riot do you think we are idiots?

How about giving us skins we want??? not skins that you want to put out to make money.
The robotic voice filter and one extra line is WORTH that money, man.

You don't even KNOW.

Oh, it also required... More... Effort.

Somehow.

Drogmyre

09-28-2012

Bought the bundle, loved the skin,

would not pay 975+1350 though. Not worth it.

paying around 100 RP for the champion and getting the skin? YEP, MINE!

Lusid

09-28-2012

Know what? I actually have another point i would like to raise to your eCommerce department. Let's say as a hypothetical the Pulsefire ez skin flopped completely, only very few bought it. What would that tell Riot? Would they look at it and say "Man, a 3k+ RP skin was a bad idea, we should probably price a little better for things like that in the futute"? Or would it be closer to "I guess people don't want all these extras on a skin. Better not put this much effort into things like this again."?

I don't know about anyone else who has not joined the pulsefire ranks, but the reason i did not buy it was the price. On sale to start, but that really felt like you were trying to get as much money out of us as possible as fast as possible, so i did not get it. I probably will never get it unless you make the incredibly bold move of reducing it to standard legendary cost (which i still feel is a bit high) and if people spent the 3k+ giving them the difference back. Then i would buy it, because it is a nice skin and i absolutely love the computer voice. The same situation with khazix. I almost always buy the bundles. Have done so for most of the champions that were released since i've started. Khazix is not one i will be getting, nor do i see myself getting the robo skin unless it's price is dropped.

Take a step back and realize you are asking for $10 per skin for most. Some are $5. Personally i think all of the skins should be $5 and the legendaries should be between $10 and $15, but that's me. It's a thanks for the awesome game and supporting you guys and letting it stay free. But when you raise the price just enough that it takes the bonus RP from a $10 purchase as well, i really don't know how to respond to that respectfully. And that is my biggest point. This skin is priced just so it not only takes the $10 cost of RP, but the bonus too. It just feels pretty crappy.

ETFEN

09-28-2012

I just bought the bundle because i think the skin is AMAZING. You canīt say its not, until you have it and evolve his wings...man, i have just fallen in love.

turrdfergason

09-28-2012

$1 Skins Ftw!!!!!!!!!!! seriously if you would just put some different clothes as a skin I would totally buy for a dolla

Xpyder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2012

I understand that you guys want to sell the bundles and make tons of money but Sultan's strategy makes alot more sense than Kha'zix... why cant you make a %off on skins when launching a champ? why the hell would i buy a bundle if i have thousands of IP just sitting there? Im pretty sure there are lots of summoners on the same page here!

Squeezoid

09-28-2012

oh nice a new price 1350 or 1820 for more cuestionable legendary skins..... and i say cuestionable coz i wont pay 20$ for a skin EVER (and im a big rp hore.. if u put together all the money i use here u can buy a new car---).... since most of the "Legendary" are just patetic normal skins with some extra lines and particles... are u serius?????? OMG! its a robot!!!! says beep boop and have a big target!!!! IT MUST BE LEGENDARY!!!!...... cmon riot u can do it better....
the last few 975 skins that came out are more "Legendary" from the AWESOME point of view than this **** and most of the 1820, and all have new particles and some lines....so lie me better next time.

Pawstruck

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
It's actually a really honest business model...we make players happy, we both win. We fail to do so, everyone loses.
Then why do you keep DOING things that piss people off?

-Go down to one release skin, and half of them are **** (Darius, Varus, Zyra).
-1000 RP fiasco.
-Change Diana skin/Lux ult to the mass protest of your playerbase.
-Ridiculous price of PFE.
-Questionable "aquired legendary" status on BC Cho skin.
-And now this bull ****?

I realize you're okay with making people mad (because it's the internet and, let's face it, people are going to rage no matter what) when the outcome is worth it. But what have you gained in doing these things? You say you don't win when we lose, but in these cases we just lost and you have done nothing to indicate you've learned from it.

ActionButlerGO

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusid View Post
Know what? I actually have another point i would like to raise to your eCommerce department. Let's say as a hypothetical the Pulsefire ez skin flopped completely, only very few bought it. What would that tell Riot? Would they look at it and say "Man, a 3k+ RP skin was a bad idea, we should probably price a little better for things like that in the futute"? Or would it be closer to "I guess people don't want all these extras on a skin. Better not put this much effort into things like this again."?

I don't know about anyone else who has not joined the pulsefire ranks, but the reason i did not buy it was the price. On sale to start, but that really felt like you were trying to get as much money out of us as possible as fast as possible, so i did not get it. I probably will never get it unless you make the incredibly bold move of reducing it to standard legendary cost (which i still feel is a bit high) and if people spent the 3k+ giving them the difference back. Then i would buy it, because it is a nice skin and i absolutely love the computer voice. The same situation with khazix. I almost always buy the bundles. Have done so for most of the champions that were released since i've started. Khazix is not one i will be getting, nor do i see myself getting the robo skin unless it's price is dropped.

Take a step back and realize you are asking for $10 per skin for most. Some are $5. Personally i think all of the skins should be $5 and the legendaries should be between $10 and $15, but that's me. It's a thanks for the awesome game and supporting you guys and letting it stay free. But when you raise the price just enough that it takes the bonus RP from a $10 purchase as well, i really don't know how to respond to that respectfully. And that is my biggest point. This skin is priced just so it not only takes the $10 cost of RP, but the bonus too. It just feels pretty crappy.
I didn't buy Pulsefire because I don't play Ez and I don't really like the skin. I did buy BC Cho on release, though, because it looks awesome.

That said, Riot's claims that the Robo-Bug price-point won't become the norm are complete bs. Consider the fact that, a year ago, new champs were released with two skins - a cheap re-color and a slightly more expensive alternate design. A few months ago, we started getting champs with only one skin at release. Surprise! It wasn't the cheaper re-color, either. Now, out of the blue, Robo-Bug.

All things being equal, Robo-Bug is a great-looking skin. It is, easily, worth the price. That isn't the problem, though. The problem is the precedent being set. If Robo-Bug sells well, Riot will see that it can keep increasing the price of cosmetics and will continue to do so.

Primanocte

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolfor View Post
Typical wannabe-angry-mob mentality. Jam out an unsubstantiated claim, demand a red response, then when it comes, accuse them of lying and downvote anyone who disagrees with you.
Who demanded a Red response in this thread? How is the claim unsubstantiated? It's basic business and Riot even admits they're trying something new to see how it works. You got down voted because your post is just a hate filled pro Riot rant, not because your viewpoint differs.