Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do NOT buy the new Kha'Zix skin: Here's why

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bekkal

09-28-2012

Quote:
Morello:

We're trying some things now to gague reaction, but not to up prices all over. If we can make something that takes double the resources and put something simpler (and cool) on a lower price point, then it can even out but still be valuable - you know, stuff like Sultan/Kha'Zix.

First, let me say I fully support you playing around and trying different models. However, this price increase cost you my purchase, and I want to post why in as many threads as possible to help increase the likelihood of my feedback being read.

975 has long been thought of as the default price for your "quality" skins, with 520s usually being recolors or less-intensive skins (Graves is a great example here - still quality, but not 975 quality). We have been trained, as consumers, to expect an increase in quality from you while maintaining the 975 price-point. As such, we expect more from a 1350 skin - something that "feels" closer to a legendary.

As your skin quality raises overall, the line between what is "legendary" and not is blurring. It can easily be argued that Pool Party Ziggs is roughly of equal quality to Surprise Party Fiddlesticks (a "Special Price Legendary", per your company's statements). To address this skin specifically, from my standpoint it doesn't feel like it's of higher quality than, say, Full Metal Jayce (975 RP). Thus, a lot of people like me have a hard time swallowing a 1350 price point. I'll gladly buy something like BC Cho on day one at full Legendary price, because it felt Legendary to me. The new Kha'Zix skin, quite simply, doesn't. The new price model doesn't reflect the value you have conditioned me, as a consumer, to expect.

If I were one for bundles, I'd be pumped. But, as I've said in other threads, I've been playing forever. I have spent RP and IP on champs, have every champ I want, every rune/page I want, and have lots of leftover IP. Champ/Skin bundles don't make sense for me to purchase.

Just wanted to offer a full perspective that wasn't grounded in conspiracy theory.

Tolfor

09-28-2012

Typical wannabe-angry-mob mentality. Jam out an unsubstantiated claim, demand a red response, then when it comes, accuse them of lying and downvote anyone who disagrees with you.

turrdfergason

09-28-2012

Quote:
Morello:
Understandable - we've undergone a lot of changes on the team, so we should be better about keeping a good balance of keeping the lights on and making things a price you guys like.

We're trying some things now to gague reaction, but not to up prices all over. If we can make something that takes double the resources and put something simpler (and cool) on a lower price point, then it can even out but still be valuable - you know, stuff like Sultan/Kha'Zix.

So have you ever tried to release a lower RP skin?? Did'nt think so..

Don't play games and act like your trying new things. Your trying to see how much money you can make off a cosmetic item. plain and simple.

Dont have to worry about balancing or making a better game. Just make something that looks like a transformer and we get more money.

I can tell a chinese company runs the show here.

Lurnaezel

09-28-2012

Quote:
Tolfor:
Typical wannabe-angry-mob mentality. Jam out an unsubstantiated claim, demand a red response, then when it comes, accuse them of lying and downvote anyone who disagrees with you.

You didn't read the whole thread AT ALL, did you.

Sticky Yurple

09-28-2012

Morello the poeoples champ

Orpheus1412

09-28-2012

Quote:
Blutarsky Blues:
I agree if this would be the first time for Riot to try this out, but it is not. (bundles not 1350 skin prices). This is def a marketing strategy no doubt, but at the end of the day Riot needs to support this free game in some way and they are in no way forcing us to buy skins to compete. So am I upset at their marketing strategy for a free game...no.

idiots how else will riot get money to run servers. Also they arent FORCING you to buy the skin

Orpheus1412

09-28-2012

Quote:
Chancator:
How does this stand out more than say, Frostblade Irelia, or Full Metal Jayce, or the Rengar skin?

I really really fail to see. He shoots missiles and has a nice transparent jpeg for isolated whatever?

So fcking what.

Frost blade irelia and full metal jayce don't have like 3 skins in one

Bekkal

09-28-2012

Quote:
Orpheus1412:
idiots how else will riot get money to run servers. Also they arent FORCING you to buy the skin

Your lack of reading comprehension is hilarious.

Quote:
Orpheus1412:
Frost blade irelia and full metal jayce don't have like 3 skins in one

Neither does this skin. Your closes analog here is Udyr, and Primal Udyr isn't 1350.

Lurnaezel

09-28-2012

Quote:
Orpheus1412:

Most people buy skins to support Riot, not just to look cool in-game and Riot suddenly doing this and the fact they will obviously do it again is almost a middle finger to the supporter's faces.

Orpheus1412

09-28-2012

Quote:
fueled:
just gonna leave this here

So, why wasn't primal udyr by this logic higher price? Because it was released when evidently you guys didn't try hard on skins? I don't see the logic in making a champ with his kit and then justifying skin price because extra effort had to go into it. WE didn't design him, yet WE are being charged more.

I support Lol, I'm a beta player, I own over 60 skins, with 4 of them being legendary, in addition to PFE. I have no problem with spending money on skins I like and skins I want. But those 2 factors go out the window with this. I won't be spending rp on the champ nor his skin.

No you're not being charged anything.