Do NOT buy the new Kha'Zix skin: Here's why

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

killaz05

09-28-2012

I'm sorry but do you see how this skin differs from the original champion? There are more then just particle differences and one joke. Riot had to pretty much create two models for one champion that is very intricate. Mecha Kha-zix has the different blades, the missles instead of spikes, the whole different look to him while he grows wings and ults. This champion is a very complicated model that takes a lot of time if you think about it. Since he was complicated originally, now think about his skin. I can see why they charged more. It probably took a lot of effort to create that skin. In my opinion, I love the skin and I bought it. Not only because I love every bit of the work that went into it, the details are awesome. I support Riot to create more skins like this that actually do more then a few particle differences and a color change. If you don't like the skin then don't buy it. They aren't forcing you to buy it. The champion you can buy with ip which costs you nothing.

Krimson62

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Understandable - we've undergone a lot of changes on the team, so we should be better about keeping a good balance of keeping the lights on and making things a price you guys like.

We're trying some things now to gague reaction, but not to up prices all over. If we can make something that takes double the resources and put something simpler (and cool) on a lower price point, then it can even out but still be valuable - you know, stuff like Sultan/Kha'Zix.

I don't know as much about this type of stuff, but how I see it (and one of the reasons I work at Riot instead of a big publishing house) our business model has to be player-focused as well; it's more important in a F2P game. RP sales aren't a "given," so if people feel gouged, or the product isn't worth the price, that's the worst thing we can do - both ways. Players hate it, the business suffers, lose-lose. It's actually a really honest business model...we make players happy, we both win. We fail to do so, everyone loses.
If we're talking about making players happy, why not comment on the Dark Valkyrie Diana problem?

There are ALOT of unhappy customers, and you guys never explained it. and I'm sure it will cost you money in the future... It's lose-lose as it is. We don't like it, and it's lost you guys some respect

How do we know you wont change mecha kha'zix in 2 weeks because he reminds you too much of battlecast Skarner who comes out a month from now (hypothetical situation)

KitStylus

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrdfergason View Post
Big bad Red Post trying to put out fires again........

Face it. people are pissed about this. This is almost ten$ for a cosmetic upgrade. That just sounds outrageous. I cant believe you guys had the balls to do this. How about giving us some 350rp skins huh???

You say you just want to see players reactions so why havent you tried to release skins that cost less?

going by this model if I bough 6 skins It would cost me around 50$ that is just total BS.

I can buy Guild Wars 2 for the price of six pieces of ****.
^ I agree with this, the prices for cosmetics are just ridiculous in this game, it just makes me feel bad, with the price of one
skin in this game i can eat for the whole day where i live.

...and 6 useless skins or GW2...let me think

iainB85

09-28-2012

I could be mistaken, but looks like the bundle is standard price, so you are saving even more by getting the bundle.

Correct me if I am wrong?

iainB85

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetseriel View Post
^ I agree with this, the prices for cosmetics are just ridiculous in this game, it just makes me feel bad, with the price of one
skin in this game i can eat for the whole day where i live.

...and 6 useless skins or GW2...let me think
Some of us make enough money that we can buy both

ECHOPLANT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2012

Who was the last champion released that was not 6300IP? The last I can recall of the top of my head was Rumble, and that was in April of 2011.

Cattlyst

09-28-2012

I'm not shocked at Riot testing the waters, because that's what businesses do. The ideal situation from a business perspective is to sell to each person at the maximum price that they're willing to pay. You know, set the price at $20 in order to get that much out of the most willing customers instead of pushing it out at $10 and having them buy it for half as much.

There is the argument of increased expenses and effort to add new effects and voicing to a skin, but that's such a difficult thing to quantify for any of us. We just have to sort of sit back and say "I guess that's worth $5", but we really have no idea how lucrative the average skin is. Should we just sit back and humor Riot until they eventually make glowing disco ball Blitzcrank and charge 7200 RP for him? I'm not saying they will, I'm just saying the baseline for one-dimensional (graphic change) skins is set at 975, which requires $10 to acquire. If Riot wants to go out of their way (Pulsefire Ezreal, this skin), we are the ones eating the cost, despite having no clear information on how much it costs Riot to put effort into a skin.

The extra RP cost just feels so.. tacked on, and it really is. I know that businesses charge more just because they can. It's in their nature. Of course, it's in our consumer nature to not buy this product at this price. Keep on fighting it, people.

edit: clarified

turrdfergason

09-28-2012

Atleast give us a free skin day. Where we can try out all the skins to see if we will like them

Aesr

09-28-2012

1350 for a cosmetic? No TY

Kr1sys

09-28-2012

I would buy the skin+champ if I bought champs with RP on release.

I rarely buy champs with IP on release as it is, and if so they're usually ap mids.