Do NOT buy the new Kha'Zix skin: Here's why

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blocksbox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2012

My biggest problem with the RP cost is the rationale we were given for it. Kha'Zix has additional evolution models, so he takes more resources to create skins for. That's understandable, but isn't that really Riot's fault? If you guys create a champion that has more forms than any other champion, shouldn't you guys eat the consequences of that in terms of resource distribution? From a player perspective it feels like we pay the price instead.

Udyr is a great example of another champion who, due to his multi-form design, receives way less skins than most. Even when his second skin came out there was heavy talk of it being a legendary skin solely based on the fact that it came with four models. I feel like if Riot is going to create characters in this format, they should treat them the same as everyone else even if that means allotting them more resources to stay on the same level. Having us pay more instead seems wrong.

wekcasa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2012

this thread is garbage op is retarded

Aelaelia

09-28-2012

1350 is fine you poor ****s. and less people will have it so it feels more unique.

downvotes from the poor greedy ****s who think they are entitled to free skins. dumb****s it's how riot makes money you ****ing jews keep them downvotes coming

Evangelene

09-28-2012

That is a ridiculous price, and we can't even trust riot not to ruin the skin in a few weeks like dark valkyrie diana which was awesome on release and they butchered two weeks later.
My god riot, really? i know its a good skin but you cant even guarentee it wont be RUINED immediately after, you ignored the community on diana and there's still been no change. That is way too much to charge for a non legendary skin- NO ONE HAS THAT KIND OF MONEY!!!!!!!! You would make more on skins than most pay per month games make on subscription, is it really necessary to up the price?
ALSO FIX DIANA'S SKIN. Everyone seems to have forgotten and let the argument die but i wont!
And i would personally rather have the skins all be 975 than have some like tryns be cheap and some be more expensive, that way you know what price to expect.
RAGE OVER

Summer Wars

09-28-2012

Voted. Not buying.

CyanideGatorade

09-28-2012

Went to the store... bought some wine. Had $10 change.. went to the bank, deposited the $10... bought kha'zix bundle.

Support riot.

flatherd

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Post in the other big thread from our eCommerce Director:

Feel free to talk to him and leave feedback, but your fears won't come true on this.
Thinly veiled attempt to get us to buy sultan tryn.

turrdfergason

09-28-2012

Quote:
Understandable - we've undergone a lot of changes on the team, so we should be better about keeping a good balance of keeping the lights on and making things a price you guys like.

We're trying some things now to gague reaction, but not to up prices all over. If we can make something that takes double the resources and put something simpler (and cool) on a lower price point, then it can even out but still be valuable - you know, stuff like Sultan/Kha'Zix.

I don't know as much about this type of stuff, but how I see it (and one of the reasons I work at Riot instead of a big publishing house) our business model has to be player-focused as well; it's more important in a F2P game. RP sales aren't a "given," so if people feel gouged, or the product isn't worth the price, that's the worst thing we can do - both ways. Players hate it, the business suffers, lose-lose. It's actually a really honest business model...we make players happy, we both win. We fail to do so, everyone loses.
Big bad Red Post trying to put out fires again........

Face it. people are pissed about this. This is almost ten$ for a cosmetic upgrade. That just sounds outrageous. I cant believe you guys had the balls to do this. How about giving us some 350rp skins huh???

You say you just want to see players reactions so why havent you tried to release skins that cost less?

I was actually going to buy some more rp to grab a skin today but after seeing this you can forget it.

going by this model if I bough 6 skins It would cost me around 50$ that is just total BS.

I can buy Guild Wars 2 for the price of six pieces of ****.

Lurnaezel

09-28-2012

Quote:
Post in the other big thread from our eCommerce Director:

Feel free to talk to him and leave feedback, but your fears won't come true on this.
Wanna bet on that? Maybe it wont be on the next champ, maybe not on the one after that, but i'm 100% SURE that you guys will continue to do this just because people are dumb enough to keep buying them at increased price.

Adorable

09-28-2012

Bump for justice.